Chapter 8

Liam's POV

I knew that I had no choice but to go with them or else they'd take me by force. Even with the fear pumping through my blood, I used my head and thought of the best option that didn't involve me going with them.

"Yes." I lied through my teeth.

He studied me for a moment before finally nodding his head and gesturing for Natalie to take care of me.

"Well, then. Up you go." She raised me off the bed like I weighed nothing before settling me down on my feet.

"It's going to be a long ride so I suggest you bring a blanket with you. We wouldn't want you to be frozen in the air." She snickered and I frowned at her.

"We didn't bring a car, human. We run." Kayne spoke up from beside her and raked his eyes over my body.

"I never thought Ryder liked twinks. Did you?" He whispered at Natalie and I knew I heard that term from people before, but Matt would always shoo them away.

"I'm just as baffled as you are. Who would think that our Commander would be interested in someone. And a human at that." She whispered back and continued to study me. I suddenly felt self conscious with two stunning creatures scrutinizing me.

"I think it has to be his-"

"One more word that will come out of your mouths will be your last." Ryder warned them as he wore the hood attached to his cloak.

"You're wasting precious time. Let's go." He commanded and went outside. I could see that it was still dark but I hoped that there were people who would hear what I'm about to do.

"Hop on." Natalie faced the opposite direction before she crouched down in front of me. I don't know if she was kidding but I just looked at her strangely.

"Oh, heavens. You weigh like nothing! I'd bet a dollar my dragon weighs more than you." She huffed and demanded that I let her carry me on her back.

"Y-Your what??" I asked again to know if I heard wrong. If vampires were true? Maybe... The thought almost made me jump in happiness. I loved to read about dragons when I had free time.

"Dragon is the name of her pitbull. A feisty one that thing." Kayne mused and I didn't listen to anything he was saying because my happiness was crushed by his words.

As he began prattling about the dog, I used this chance to catch him off guard and push him to Natalie who was about to get up from the ground.

He cursed as he tripped and collided with Natalie, and I used this chance to sprint towards the door and scream my lungs out.

"HELP! SOMEONE HEL-"

My cry of help was cut short as I felt a presence behind me. I suddenly felt pressure in the back of my head and began to feel light-headed. Before my vision started drifting away, I saw Ryder glaring at me with anger.

"We have a feisty one on our hands."

----

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my head as I tried to open my eyes. I smoothed out my hands in the soft fabric laying underneath me and I groaned as I rolled my position to the side.

As soon as I was able to successfully open my eyelids, an unfamiliar room came into view. I jolted awake to immediately scan my surroundings.

The immediate action made my head hurt even more and I hissed as I clutched it with a hand. I suddenly remembered what happened last night before I was taken to- wherever this was.

My eyes widened in shock as I stared at the room I was in. It was wide. Like 2 separate rooms put into one. The room was like a modern castle bedroom. A chandelier was hanging at the center of the ceiling, the floor was of gray marble design, the drapes were a heavy light brown fabric that was tied on both sides of the large windows to let the light illuminate the room.

A large four poster bed and canopy surrounded me with its sheer and flowy fabric. The pillows, bedsheets, and even the blankets were made of silk and dark in color. A full set couch faced my direction and a mahogany coffee table in between it.

I was so mesmerized by the room that I didn't even notice the person leaning against the large closet as he watched me. Ryder.

I could see him now. His amber eyes burned like fire as the light shown on his face. He had a strong jawline, thick eyelashes and his face was so perfect that I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He was enchanting.

He pushed himself off the wall and stepped into the sunlight as he slowly walked towards me. My eyes widened in shock when he didn't turn into ashes.

The corner of his lips tugged upward ever so little that if I wasn't staring at his lips, I would never notice it.

"Vampires don't burn in the sun, if that's what you're thinking." He said with no emotions as the cold mask came back on his face.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions. All will be answered in due time." He sat down on the couch facing my direction and just stared at me.

"What do you want from me? Why- Why take me here?" I asked and pulled my knees up to my chest to protect myself.

"Now that you're vocal, I assume you won't be screaming again like a madman." He murmured before propping his elbows in his knees.

"I see snow white is awake." I jumped at the voice of Kayne who entered the room, together with Natalie. I frowned at him and he answered me back with a grin.

"It's sleeping beauty, you moron." Natalie rolled her eyes and took a set on the couch.

"I thought sleeping beauty kissed the frog?" Kayne looked confused but shrugged as he dropped the topic.

I could see Natalie's face in the light. Her eyes were chocolate brown, and she had high cheekbones that highlighted the contours of her face. Her wavy dark brown hair reached her chest and she was as tall as I was with a height of 5'8.

Kayne raised his legs on top of the table and casually leaned back with both his hands on the back of his head. His blonde pushed back hair shone in the light and his blue eyes found its way into my direction. He had a very charming face that matched his attitude.

"Have you told the council?" Ryder asked him and he turned to face him before nodding his head.

"They're...very very interested. They want to meet the human as soon as they're done." Kayne revealed and all of their eyes settled upon me as a shudder worked through my bones.

"Grand High Master Raegan couldn't hide the emotions on his face after I told them about the boy. Even with him sitting in front of us, I still can't believe it." There was bewilderment in his voice, but also hope as he shook his head.

Grand High Master? Is- Is he the one who rules the vampires?

"What are you talking about? Wh- What do you want from me?" I asked again and dared to meet their eyes head on.

"I- I'm not someone special. I'm no one, so please just- just-"

"You have no idea how special you are, human. Not a single breathing being managed to get away from us like you did." Natalie cut me off and looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"I saw you. Saw what you can do. W-Why didn't you stop me then? Are- Are you going to kill me?" I asked barely above a whisper and both Kayne and Natalie looked at Ryder.

"Your question is not for us to answer." He stated and just in time, a knock on the door drew my attention.

"They're ready for you."

A/N: Can I just say that I really really love Kayne's character 😭😂❤️✋