Chapter 52

Lia's POV

"Can I add a shot of caramel to my frappe?"

"Yes ma'am, would you like me to add it in between?"

"I would love that. Thank you"

After reaching for the costumer's payment, I immediately make the order. Honestly, I'm really feeling under the weather today, last night's light rain showers give me colds this morning.

"Here you go. I hope you enjoy your coffee"

After cleaning some tables, I walk back to the employee's room and fix myself.

"How I wish my shift is also done. Hey, want to grab something to eat before you scattered around the world?"

"Stop bothering me jeongin"

"Yaaaaaah, I work here first!"

"Ye, sunbaenim"

"Kidding! - yaaah -"

I grab my bag and rapidly walk away. He's right, I'm off from my shift today. I should hurriedly go home because I'm really not feeling well.

"Yah! Lia unnie! Let's go eat first!"

"See you tomorrow sunbaenim!"

I wave my hand without facing him and just chuckle. I was near the door when another person push it from the other side.

"Can I stop you for a moment?" the man ask with a smile

I look at the man, or yet at the Grandpa and was surprised.

"Grandpa Kim"

Grandpa Kim nodded and smile again.

"Of course" I said and smile back "Please have a seat"

I excuse myself for a moment and prepared two cups of coffee. After that, I went back to the table and carefully putted the cup of coffee. I sitted across grandpa and sip from the coffee.

"How are you grandpa? Are you alone? Where is grandma?" I ask

"We're okay, your grandma and I" he responded with a chuckle "Your grandma is managing the bar for the moment so she's really sorry for not able to be here"

I nodded and smile "What brings you here grandpa? How did you know I was here?"

"I ask yeji about you, and the reason why I am here is I need to give you something"

Grandpa Kim pick up a paper bag beside his seat and put it on top of the table.

"I looked for you yesterday at the funeral but Kim said you already told him that you'd be on your way"

"Oh, I'm sorry grandpa"

I didn't know that grandpa was there yesterday. I feel bad for not greeting him.

"No need to apologize sweetie" he said and sip his coffee "Your grandma, wanted you to have this" he added while sliding the paper bag in front of me

I grab the paper bag on slowly pull out a rectangular parcel wrapped in vintage kind of wrapper with dried flowers pinned on it.

"Wow.."

It's so pretty!

"You know how she loves old styles"

"What is this grandpa?"