Chapter 50

Luciano got off the bed for a minute. He wore his pants while I stayed underneath the sheets, admiring him for as long as I could. Darkness stretched inside the room, and I couldn't see well what he was doing but he came back to bed after a moment.

He took my hand and placed a cold object over it.

"What is it?" I asked, sitting up straight and trying to find what he had given me.

"I found it in Charlotte's room here. She had kept it," He replied.

When I got a clearer view of the object, I noticed it was the stone of Lycan's, the necklace Luciano had given me on our wedding night.

"Wow," I grazed my thumb over the stone before looking back at him. "I shouldn't keep it," I didn't deserve it.

"You should. It's yours and I want you to wear it all the time, just like your talisman. I don't want you to remove it ever, do you understand?" He asked in a strict tone that worried me.

"Why?" I was a little started at his demands. Last time I wore it, it was ripped away.

Luciano leaned in, and closed my fingers. "Because the stone holds a lot of power and I want you to have it. It will give you strength."

"I don't need strength," I replied. I already had enough, more than I could even bear, anymore would make me loose my mind. "You should keep it,"

"No!" He cupped my face in his hands, staring right through me. "It's yours and you have promise me that you'll wear it every second of your life."

I grew more worried at his words and actions. Was something going to happen? What did the stone mean? What powers did it have?

"Is everything okay?"

He sighed, and then nodded his head. "Yes, just keep, all right?"

"Okay, I'll wear—all the time."

"Good girl,"

After the long argument of trying to understand why Luciano wanted me to wear the necklace, I gave up, got off the bed and wore it. In the meantime, I cleaned up my self and asked the servants to change the sheets.

They were quite hesitant to take orders from me but they did take orders from Luciano.

Once everything was back to being normal, I grabbed my phone off the table and dialed on Lisa's number just to check up on how she was doing and whether everything was all right with her.

The next person Gretel was going to come for was her and I was sure about that.

"That's weird." I mumbled, dialing her number again when she didn't pick it up at the first time.

Luciano came over to my side and his hand snaked over my waist as he leaned down. "Are you trying to contact Lisa?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, it won't go through."

"Why?" I flipped around and asked with concern. Did something happen? I had left Whitebridge only a few hours ago.

"I had sent Lisa and her family away from the state. The lesser you know the better,"

My eyes widened and I grew suspicious. She was right next to me a few hours back and now she was gone. How was that possible? "Why?"

"Because Gretel. Do you want Lisa to die next?"

"No!" I exclaimed, pressing my fingers over my lips. "Of course not."