XIII

╭──── ✩ ────╮
QUIDDICH
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

EVERY SINCE I WAS able to ride a broom, quidditch had been my pride and joy of Hogwarts. But due to an accident in third year, when a bludger snapped my broom, and I went sailing for the ground— I haven't tried out since. So per usual James was begging me constantly, hoping that eventually this little fear of mine would go away, and he could have his 'most skilled' player back out on the field.

And this year he just might.

Something about the thought of this being the last time I play quidditch for years, or possibly every— pulled me to take out my old jersey; pull out my old broom; and make my track down to the quidditch pitch for this years try-outs. Luckily no one saw me, so it would be a special surprise when I just so happened to try out for spot as chaser and possibly make James Potter explode with joy.

"Ok! Everyone! We will be taking three chasers; one for backup. Four beaters; two for backup. Two seekers; one for backup And finally two keepers; one for back up. Got it?" He announced, looking overly confident in his soon to be team.

"Got it!" We chanted, the excitement practically dripping from our mouths.

Spotting the familiar messy black hair of Sirius; all dressed up in his quidditch uniform. I tip toed over, careful not to make myself present to James as he went on and on about the major rules of quidditch.

I let my lips barely graze his ear, making him freeze beneath my touch, "Man this James fellow sure knows how to talk." I whispered, watching as his head snapped around to face me. Possibly due to my 'rude' comment.

"Hey you!-" his eyes widened when he spotted me fully dressed in my uniform, "oh! My! Merlin!" He turned to catch James' attention, J-" I quickly clamped my hand over his mouth, shushing him.

"Shh, I'm putting on a helmet so I can try-out anonymously, to see if I can actually make this team." I stated, "I don't want him to pick favorites." I finished, pulling on the red and gold helmet that covered my face just the right amount and making my way over to where James divided the groups.

"Ok, beaters and keepers! Sirius will be training you," he announced pointing in the direction of him. Chasers and seekers, you will be testing you." He stated, smiling mischievously. Before motioning for all of us to mount our brooms.

Try-outs went great, considering I haven't played a real game of quidditch in years— I was doing surprisingly well for my rustiness. I had scored every goal, and even dodged a few bludgers. Even some Ravenclaw looking over the Gryffindor try-outs pointed out that I was very skilled.