30 - Pure audacity

It had been days since the 'incident' with Bailey and Aiden- scratch that it might've actually been weeks, I'm not certain. I had done my best to stay away from the guys, yes all of them. I had managed to successfully dodge Aiden's attempts to talk about what happened at the diner, as well as ignore Bailey's phone calls and only send her a text to confirm that I am in fact still alive.

Ivory and Maya were the most understanding in this situation, giving me the time I needed to heal. Jagger showed up at my house once, wanting to talk but I kindly - well as kindly as it gets when kicking someone out goes - told him it wasn't a good time, so he left. Cole and I had gotten closer, something that I surely wasn't expecting to happen.

At school, things were...weird to say the least. I had many classes with my friends and was seated next to them in many, making it difficult to keep up with the whole 'space' thing, especially when it came to Aiden who seemed less willing to stop talking to me. Lindsay must've found out about me because she stopped coming after school. I only saw her once, she was talking on the phone while waiting for Aiden, and blew me a cheeky kiss when she saw me, to which I replied with a very graceful middle finger.

I didn't want things to turn bad with my friends, they all said I could talk to them anytime I felt ready to, but something didn't feel right with me. On the one hand, I felt bad for rejecting them and their attempts to talk to me, but on the other, I was still as pissed as it gets. They made me feel like I had no control over my life, like none. I thought that when Aiden came back, I would have the freedom to decide what happens between us, just me and him, but from the moment he set foot in this town, everyone has had a say in our friendship and decisions.

I wanted to rewind time and relive that night in my house, after Jagger's party. He had been so vulnerable with me and seemed to have so much to say... he was himself, he was authentic and raw. The same went for that night at the playground when he explained to me all that had happened, or at the party after that, when I had a panic attack and he tried to comfort me. I missed that Aiden.

I felt the same about my friends, I missed talking to them and being able to go out with them without questioning whether they're lying to me or not. Cole as well. Life got really complicated really fast.

~~~

Three weeks had passed since I had last spoken to my friends and I must admit that even though it got lonely sometimes, it really helped me see things more clearly and figure out where I wanna go from here. One thing I realized for sure was how much I had missed Ivory. We had been through thick and thin together and not speaking to her for such a long period of time really reminded me how much I appreciate her.

I sighed, my frustration evident. Should I call her? No, the guys are going to find out and I don't know how they'll feel about me hanging out only with her. But why should I care about what they think? I took a deep breath and looked at my phone. It's my life, it's time to take things into my own hands for once.

Calling Ivory went better than expected, her voice was laced with shock, the good kind. She invited me over and I happily accepted the invite, her mum equally as surprised to see me there. I was greeted by the tightest of hugs from Ivory "It's so good to have you back" she smiled, putting a hand on arm. I smiled and nodded, not sure how to reply. Was I back?

We went to her room and Ivory took a seat on her bed while I sat on her spinning chair, I was too anxious to have to sit still. I'm guessing my nervousness was coming out in waves because it wasn't long before Leo, Ivory's bulldog joined me, taking a seat on my lap and giving me puppy eyes.

"I guess I'm not the only one that has missed you" she said and pointed towards Leo, making me giggle "I don't know if he missed me, but I sure missed him" I replied, rubbing his head and playing with his little paws.