Chapter Ten

Day of the Party

'She's interesting, isn't she?'

Stefan spins around to face his brother with a look of shock on his face, dropping the picture of Katherine that was in his hands.

'Damon' The younger brother breathes out, shocked still at the appearance of his brother.

'Hello Brother'

****

'Ellie do we have to skip today? My mum will kill me' Caroline says, biting her lip slightly worriedly as I go through my wardrobe trying to find something to wear today.

'You know what happens today, I don't want to risk Damon being able to get to you' I say with a slight sigh, trying to avoid Caroline's puppy dog eyes.

'Pleaseee?' She puts her hands on my arms making me look at her.

'Fine' I give in and roll my eyes 'Do not leave Thomas and I's side Caroline, I mean it'

'Yes Madam' She mock salutes and I just roll my eyes. 'I love what you've done to your hair by the way, the caramel highlights look so nice'

I smile slightly in the mirror, as I rub my new necklace between my fingers.

'I want you to wear this, it's a family necklace that has been passed down the different generations for centuries. You shall forever be safe when wearing it....I love you Ellie'

'It's beautiful, I love it....I love you too Thomas'

I shake my head slightly smiling at the memory of last night.

'Thank you Care, I thought it would be another difference against Kat though unfortunately I seem to act like her' I say tilting my head slightly in thought.

'Nah she's an unlovable bitch, you're a loveable bitch' She tells me with a straight face and I burst out laughing.

'Thanks Caroline'

I smile when I find an outfit and quickly put it on before we start walking to school, I frown when I hear a familiar whoosh behind us.

Possible vampire Care, be careful

Aye aye captain

Care.....nevermind

I smile at her laughter ringing through my head and she shoves me playfully as we near school.

****

'It's been fifteen years Damon, why now?' Stefan asks wearily as he starts packing his rucksack for school, hoping to get there early to speak to Elena..or Ellie as he's heard her friends calling her.

'I think we both know the answer to that Stefan. Elena, or Ellie as she prefers to be called' Damon smirks as he strolls around his little brother's room. 'She took my breath away when I ran into her at the Grill a few months ago, splitting image of Katherine in more ways than one, don't you think?'

'She's not Katherine' Stefan practically growls at his brother, aggressively stuffing things in his rucksack.

'Looks like her, acts like her....sure you're not trying to replace her Stefan? Perhaps I'll speak to her at the party tonight'

'Leave her alone' Stefan spins around his vampire features bleeding through. '......She's not going anyway.'

'Ah yes the boyfriend, I forgot about him' A small frown sets on Damon's face before his face returns to it's normal mask. 'Perhaps he might have a small accident soon'