10 | a peaceful night

It was supposed to be a peaceful night

It was supposed to be a peaceful night. I promise.

I'd been tucked in to finish a season of Nailed It! and try to convince myself that I could do better than the contestants with their donuts that hold more water than actual donut and their cocktails that looked like actual crap.

I was content with my productivity today, a new dress designed, my elective work turned in, and laundry all done and packed away.

Sky and Cass are off doing whatever Sky and Cass do at this time of night - I assume at their appointments with their respective partners.

Leaving me in this apartment, contemplating going to Krispy Kreme for a dozen donuts. Because why not? One of their lovely $1 Dozen sales is tempting enough, but throw in an extra one?

Yeah, they're speaking my language.

Except the message must've gotten lost in translation because as I'm about to open the Door Dash app, three knocks at the front door snap me from my hungry stupor.

A groan escapes me.

How dare someone interrupt my vibe?

I know it's not Sky or Cass because they have keys, and I don't really have any other friends so who could this possibly be?

I pull my feet out from under my blanket and adjust my fuzzy socks, trying to shield my bare ankles from the cold air that just kicked in. Tugging my oversized shirt down to flow past my shorts that I got during senior year at my old high school, I keep my taser on hand just in case it's some creep trying to act up.

When I peer out of the peephole, a soft sigh escapes me. I'm... a bit surprised at the sight of the man I least expected to come around at - I glance at the time on the oven - 11:56PM.

His familiar man bun rests, comfortably, on top of his head, displaying a fresh line up. His torso is covered in a pink SpongeBob hoodie and seeing as I can't clock anything below that, I take the chance to unlock the door and pull it open.

Now, I can see that he holds a large bag from The Boiling Crab and a tray of two smoothies.

I know good and well he's watching me as I eye him up and down in apprehension.

Glancing side to side down the hallway of the apartments, I furrow my brows and meet those intoxicating blue eyes, "Are you lost?"

His confusion falls and a sassy 'really?' look replaces it.

"I come baring food." Is all he says, lifting the bag in greeting. Casen and I haven't spoken in days, so why the hell is he popping up at my apartment at midnight with that beautiful smelling seafood boil.

I narrow my eyes, "I'm allergic to seafood."

If I could scream with how hilarious his face is right now, I would. It's clear he wasn't expecting that response because his hand with the food falls out of my sight and a blush rises on his cheeks.

"Damn, I really should've checked with you first." He mumbles to himself. When I thought he would give up and make a U-TURN and B-line right back to his car, he just grabs his phone from the pocket of his sweatpants and turns it on. "I can order some Chinese, Italian -"

I can't hold my laughter in any longer and shake my head in amusement, "I'm kidding." He tilts his head in annoyance, "Even though you definitely should've checked because I could've already eaten."

I did but who would I be to turn down hand-delivered food?

He purses his lips and for a moment, I'm taken aback. This grown man who's the biggest fuck boy I've had the pleasure of being acquainted with is a little sweetheart who brings food to girls he hasn't spoken to in days.

Ah, keyword: girls.

Dang, I should probably ask why he's here?

Wow, Eliana, how insightful.

I step back and widen the door, "Take your shoes off when you get in, please."

SPEAKING OF KRISPY KREME - DID Y'ALL HEAR THAT IF YOU PRESENT YOUR COVID VACCINE AT ANY LOCATION, YOU CAN GET A FREE DONUT EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR

why do you think case is there? also, the way i would FIGHT FOR SEAFOOD RN