𝐓𝐖𝐎. ICE COLD LOVE

AUTHOR'S NOTE. yes this is canon.

ICE COLD LOVE

"I hate you."

Rowan hummed, spinning around to face him. The amused grin on the Brit's face did not match the situation, Techno thought, ears burning. "I hate you, you are the worst."

"You love me," Rowan corrected.

"Love is overrated," Techno argued. Rowan grinned, moving away. "Wait— wait, no, don't go," Techno pleaded, adjusting his grip on the wall, tightening it as he felt himself beginning to slide. "Rowan," he whined. Rowan smiled, coming back over. He reached up to fix Techno's glasses, which had begun to fall off his nose.

"Do you trust me?" Rowan asked.

Techno scowled. "Not when you say it like that," he protested. Rowan grinned, grabbing Techno's arms and prying his hands off the wall. Techno made a strangled noise. "No, don't— Rowan, I am going to fall, this is not a good idea!"

"I won't let you fall," Rowan argued. "Come on, don't be a baby. It's really not that complicated, you just need to balance."

"Do I look like the type of person who can balance?" Techno deadpanned. Rowan rolled his eyes, taking both of Techno's hands into his. He began to lead Techno off the wall. "Rowan, please, let's just go home, let's go hang out with Phil and Kristin or something, please, I don't want to do this," he complained, pulling Rowan back toward him.

Rowan sighed. "Techno, if you skate with me to the other side of the rink without holding onto the wall, then we can go to Phil and Kristin's place." He held up his pinky. "Promise."

Techno hesitated, eyes darting to the other side of the rink. It couldn't be as far away as he thought it was, right?

With a sigh, he raised his hand, interlocking his pinky with Rowan's. "Promise," he agreed. 

Rowan smiled. He took both of Techno's hands again and began skating with him over to the other side of the rink, slowly. Techno wasn't balanced, he would barely consider himself to be anything other than wobbly; when they got halfway there, he began to panic, imagining all the ways that he could fall and make a fool of himself. He wasn't sure how one was meant to get up once they'd fallen in an ice rink.

"Hey, hey," Rowan said, gently squeezing Techno's hands. "You're doing great, come on. Almost there."

"Please don't let go of me," Techno begged. Rowan nodded.

Somehow, they made it across the rink. Techno grabbed onto the wall again, leaning against it with relief. Rowan chuckled, standing a few inches away, somehow perfectly blanaced. "See, that wasn't so hard," he teased.

"I hate you," Techno repeated. Rowan smiled, skating to the entrance to the rink and stepping through, walking on his skates back to the bench where they'd left their stuff. Techno followed, grabbing Rowan's arm to steady himself as he got out of the rink and now had to walk.