32 - trust issues,

Mid and the crew found themselves scrambling around the city, looking for answers to who was bold enough to kidnap one of their own. While the rest were doing their best to find out about Lotus and her kidnapper(s) whereabouts, Mid and Rylo went by Lotus's house to look for any clues that the kidnapper(s) could have left behind.

When the pair arrived at her house, the front door was left ajar. They proceeded to enter with caution, seeing that nothing so far was out of place. Mid could see that she managed to put her things down on the couch. Seeing as that was the only place Lotus things were; he could tell that she hadn't gotten any further. He slowly paced around the house, trying to retrace her footsteps, and figure out where everything had gone wrong.

"Ayo!" Mid heard Rylo call out from the hallway. Mid walked out of the living room and down the hall where Rylo was standing, looking at the wall. He approached him and turned to face the wall, now realizing his reasoning for calling out.

There was a visible dent in the wall as if someone had been slammed into it. Mid brushed his fingers over it, the wall seemingly caving in on itself, and the sight alone made him grimace as he thought about what could have put it there. If only he had gone in with her, he could've prevented this from happening. She had already been through so much within the past six months; he could only imagine how this would mentally break her once she was found.

Mid passed by Rylo to go into the bedroom, his eyes scanning over the room—until something catches his eye. He quickly walked over to the dresser, seeing the small bottle of chloroform. He sat there and stared at it, his blood coming to a boil. This must've been used to get her unconscious, he thought which would explain why Lotus hadn't made it too far into the house. He quickly grabbed the small bottle and stuffed it in his pocket.

"Anything?" Rylo asked, walking into the room. Mid shook his head and turned around to face him. He slumped his shoulders and sighed. "I think we needa go see Reese," he suggested.

"Yeah, you absolutely right about that." Mid nodded his head in agreement. They started to make their way to the front of the house until Mid paused, realizing something. He opened the door to Lotus's old bedroom and seen that Prince was in his bed passed out.

It was unusual for Prince to be that quiet; whenever one of his parents arrived home, he made sure to greet them with his lively personality. However, when Mid first walked into the house, it was dead silent that he almost forgot they had a dog.

"Prince," Mid called to him. He whistled, snapping his fingers as he approached the puppy. He crouched down and seen that Prince was still breathing; however, he wasn't conscious. It made him think about whether the dog had been drugged first before Lotus. "Who the fuck drugs a dog?" he mumbled to himself, picking Prince up.

He carried him in his arms and walked out of the room. Rylo furrowed his eyes in confusion, looking at the dog in his arms. "What the hell? He been in there the whole time?"

"Yup, and whoever was in here must've drugged him so he wouldn't keep barking or alarm Lotus when she came in," Mid said as they walked towards the front of the house. They both walked out and started to shut the front door until they heard a faint ding come from inside the house.

They exchanged glances before Rylo turned to look, seeing that Lotus's purse was still on the couch. He rushed over to it and dug around for a few seconds until he finally pulled out her phone. Mid watched as Rylo's face twisted up, looking at the screen of his phone.

He walked out of the house and stared at the doorbell on the side of the door. "She receives notifications whenever someone is at the door. We gotta get into her phone cause maybe the camera caught something," he told Mid, pointing at it.