Chapter 4 - Meeting his Mother

Anu felt vulnerable while standing in front of the gigantic gate of Dev's mansion. She is of a type who won't cadge at others, but she felt helpless with her current family condition.

"I am here to meet Sarada Madam; I am an employee in their company" - she informed the security guard who was standing in front of the castle-like mansion. She had brought her Identity card with her, which helped her now.

"Did Mam asked you to meet her?" - the security questioned.

"No, I just want to meet her for some personal reasons." - she stammered.

The security gave her a scrutinized look and explained

"She can't meet any random person, she would visit the company's Charity trust, and you can meet her there."

"When she will be there?"

The security got irritated because he was instructed not to admit the strangers and no one had ever visited Sarada at home. She used to visit their Charity occasionally and no fixed schedule.

"You better go to the charity office and ask for her schedule" - he told rudely.

"Sir, it's urgent, please inform her about my presence, if she is not willing to see, let me go" - she pleaded.

"What girl, you are giving me trouble" - he gave a weary sigh

"Please Sir, just give it a try, please.." - she almost cried.

"Okay wait here, let me inform her"

He took her identity card and went inside. He gave the ID card to Sarada and informed her about Anu's presence.

Sarada carefully read the details in the card and had a good look at the picture of Anu in the card.

"Did my Dev did something bad, and that's why she came here to complain" - she guessed the reason for her visit.

I had never seen this girl, who she might be, she thought to herself. Better let me see her and confirm it, she decided.

"Call her inside" - she ordered the security.

That security came to Anu and informed

"Today rain in your forest, come she is waiting" - saying that he took her inside.

Anu felt happy and went with that guard. On the other side of the gate, it looked like a kingdom. There was a beautiful driveway and a collection of great cars like Porshe, Bentley, Range Rover, BMW, Audi, cooper stood in a queue. She doesn't even know the name of some of the cars. There was a beautiful garden with a fountain and a small Lord Ganesh statue.

"Lord, she has to help me" - she prayed and went inside.

She was mesmerized by the stunning interior, and she felt underdressed for the place. There stood Sarada with her elegant look which radiated an air of nobility. She had a gentle smile on her face. Anu was transfixed by her looks.

"Wow such a warm woman is she the mother of that arrogant boss" - she wondered.

"Come here sweetie, sit down" - she gestured. She was fond of this girl the moment she laid her eyes on Anu. In her eyes, she looked pretty when compared to the girls she used to meet in her social circle, who wore minimal clothes and excess makeup.

"Hello Madam, I am Anuradha, I joined your company one month back as a trainee in the accounts department. I did some blunder in a presentation, and Sir was very angry about that and dismissed me. Mine is a poor family, and this job is very important to me. I requested sir, but he refused to retain me in that job. Now I am feeling helpless, can you please give me some recommendation letter for the job in the warehouse or any other location, even if it is a primitive job, I am okay with that, my father is in treatment Madam, please" - she said in a single stroke.

"Calm down dear, what happened to your father" - she enquired with true concern.

"His kidneys failed Madam, he is in dialysis"

"Didn't you arrange for a kidney transplant?"

"No Madam, we can't afford that, even if a donor is available" - she replied with a sad face.

"Oh dear, why don't you approach me earlier? Our hospital is there, you can take your father to that hospital, I will inform them, and they will do the needful. Don't worry about the expenses, if I tell they won't charge you, okay." - She coaxed her.

Anu felt like crying. She came for some other reason, but like a God, Sarada granted her wish. She doesn't know how to thank her, tears dropped from her eyes spontaneously.

Sarada cannot take it anymore. She stood and embraced her,

"Okay, sweetie, he will be fine" - she patted her back.

Anu never imagined that Dev's mother would be such an angel. Words cannot express her emotions. But still, she needs a job,

"Mam, regarding my job..." - she stammered.

Sarada thought for a while and said,

"Wait let me come" - gesturing she went inside her room.

After some time she came with a cheque.

"Here, keep this, One lakh rupees is there, you manage, for the time being, you stay with your Dad, later you can join the office" - saying that she gave a signed cheque worth one lakh Indian rupees, a visiting card with her mobile number and the hospital address.

"You update me regularly about your father's health; I will visit you in the hospital. Once everything is fine, we can find you a job, okay" - she assured.

"No, Madam, I don't want any money; the treatment itself a very big help for our family, just refer a job for me Madam, please" - she requested.

Her stubbornness surprised Sarada. "Such a personable girl" - she thought.

"Okay then work for me" - she smiled.

Anu felt happy. She developed her fondness towards this woman.

"Okay Madam" - she said wholeheartedly.

"Okay first start the treatment for your Dad and come here next week" - she informed.

"Thank you, Madam"

"Call me Auntie" - she ordered.

Anu smiled and went outside. Her heart became very light. She was very anxious when she was waiting outside, but she didn't expect the visit would be this favourable. She thanked the Ganesh idol outside and had a look at that mansion, which would be her workplace from next week. Like a miracle happened, with happy thoughts she reached her home.