▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

⌜                                     ⌝

CHAPTER EIGHT

⌞                                     ⌟

          CODY had his guns pointed at her

"Cody?" Artemis questioned her friend worriedly. "What's happening?"

He didn't reply, instead, he shot at her. Artemis jumped up, igniting her lightsabers in the process and blocked them.

"Cody," she pleaded. "Talk to me."

But he didn't, he just kept shooting at her while she kept blocking everything.

"Cody, please —"

Artemis shot up, breathing heavily. Everything was dark around her, and for a moment, she forgot she wore a blindfold. When her surroundings felt at peace, she relaxed.

"Are you all right?" Din's sleepy voice came from beside her.

"I'm fine," Artemis assured him. "I'm sorry I woke you up."

A warm hand found her own. "It's all right," Din said. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, it's okay," Artemis said, but she could tell that Din didn't believe it. His hand traveled up her arm until it was on her shoulder.

"C'mere," he said, pulling her into a hug. Artemis let herself get pulled into his chest and closed her eyes. "You know you can tell me everything, right?"

"I know," Artemis breathed, listening to his heartbeat. "Thanks."

They stayed like that for a couple of moments and Artemis felt her heartbeat slowling down so it would match his.

Din's hand went up and down her back. It was a comfortable gesture that made Artemis close her eyes.

Din leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "Go to sleep, Artie, I'll keep the nightmares away," he promised her.

When Artemis fell asleep, Din was looking at the ceiling, wondering who Cody was.

⋆⋆⋆

WHEN Artemis woke up, she realised she was still laying with her head onto Din's chest. She didn't move, afraid she might wake him up if she did.

"Artie?" Din said quietly. "I'm awake."

Artemis pulled back and looked at him — not really though since she was blindfolded. She heard the familiar click of Din putting on his helmet, before he pulled the blindfold off her head.

Artemis blinked a couple of times before rubbing her eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them. Then she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up, grabbing her bag in the process. She started rumbling in it until she found what she had been looking for.