chapter 24 ~ calm

mature language

//Dreams pov

"Tommy listen to me" I start, but I dont even know how to end my sentence.

He turns to leave, and I guess hes going to wake George to tell him everything he just heard.

I lean out and grab the back of his sweater, pulling him into the room. I shut the door and stand against it, trapping him in here with me.

"Why are you lying to him? Who the fuck are you?" he whispers to me in a pissed off tone.

"Im, im not lying to him, okay? I just-" but he cuts me off again.

"You're not lying to him?! I just heard you tell whoever that was that you're a piece of clay and that youve lied!" he exaggerates, his voice getting louder.

"What?"

"You said you're Clay, how can someone be Clay?"

"Thats, thats my name" I tell him.

"Your name is Dream" he says slowly, staring at me.

"No, my name is Clay"

"But I thought-" he begins, but I cut him off unintentionally.

"Tommy I promise the less you know about this, the better"

"You think im not going to tell him? What sort of fucking world are you living in?" he shoots, taking a step towards me.

"You cant tell him, and keep your voice down" I hiss at him.

"You either tell me what the call was about or ill go find him right now"

"I cant tell you what the call was about, I promise im planning on tell-"

But I stop talking when Tommy suddenly inhales a deep breath.

"GEOR-" he starts, but I slam my hand against his mouth.

"What the fuck?! Be quiet!" I hiss, and he trys to squirm away from my hand.

"Are you gonna shout?" I ask him.

He glares at me for a couple of seconds before shaking his head.

I let go of him, and he backs away from me.

"Tell me what it was about" he repeats.

Hes showing zero signs of backing down, and im running out of time before he starts screaming again.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

"Tommy if I tell you, you cant tell him, I promise I do plan on telling him, the time just isnt right yet" I start.

He nods at me, before he goes to sit on Georges bed, looking pleased with himself for bullying me into telling him the truth.

"If I back away from the door, will you promise to stay put?" I ask

"Promise"

I move away from the door and fling myself down onto the bed.

Hes sat near the end, watching me curiously.

He doesnt say anything, and I think hes waiting for me to start, so thats what I do.

"I met George a while ago, online, and then when things got complicated I had to leave" I start, staring at the roof.

"And then he showed up in New York, and I was afraid to tell him about who I really was, and now everythings gone a little too far" I continue on, keeping my eyes plastered on the roof.