Chapter 25 - Date

Lena is the first to wake, still snuggled in Kara's arms. Lena feels so happy and peaceful, she doesn't want this feeling to ever end. Lena could literally lay like this all day. But Lena knows they obviously can't, she has to get to work, Alura has to go to school, and Kara also has to go to work.

Lena sighs contently and moves slightly out of Kara's arms to grab her phone on the night stand. When Lena turns it on, she sees that it's 7AM, she has to get up.

"Kara." Lena says, softly, as she strokes one of Kara's arms that is still wrapped around her.

Lena knows that there is no hope for her to extract herself from Kara's grip without waking the blonde.

"Kara." Lena tries again.

"Hmmm uhmmm." Kara hums as she slowly wakes.

"Darling, it's 7AM, I think we both need to get up." Lena says, softly.

"5 more minutes." Kara asks.

Lena chuckles and then turns around so she is facing Kara. Lena then leans in a places her lips on Kara's. Lena is the only one kissing for a few seconds before Kara quickly responds, moving deeper into the kiss. Eventually Lena breaks away.

Kara moans in frustration.

"I'll give you another kiss as soon as we're ready." Lena smirks.

Kara groans.

"Fine." Kara huffs and finally opens her eyes.

"Hey." Lena smiles.

"Hi." Kara smirks back.

"Why don't you have a shower and I'll go wake Alura." Lena suggests.

"You're the best." Kara smiles.

Kara tries to kiss Lena again but Lena moves away.

"No kisses until we are both ready." Lena smirks.

Kara groans once more as Lena gets out of bed.

Lena leaves Kara's bedroom and heads over to Alura's, and then steps inside. Alura is still sleeping soundly. Lena just takes a minute to store this moment in her memory. After a few seconds Lena approaches Alura and gently rocks her awake.

"Alura, it's time to wake up." Lena says, softly.

"Hmm uhmmm..... mo..... Lena?" Alura says, noticing its Lena not Kara.

"Yes darling." Lena smiles. "You need to get up because you have school today."

Alura groans.

"Come on, I'll make you breakfast." Lena says as she picks Alura up out of bed and carries her to the kitchen.

Over the next 45 minutes Kara, Lena and Alura get washed and dressed and eat their breakfast.

At 7:55 the three of them are about to step out of Kara's front door, with Kara preparing to walk Alura to school, and Lena getting ready to head off to L-Corp. Alura still remains in her bedroom, just finishing getting ready. Just as they are about to leave Kara's phone rings.

"Hello?" Kara answers.

Lena then witnesses Kara talk in the phone to someone.

"Okay, I'll be right there." Kara says, and then hangs up.

"What was that?" Lena asks, curious.

"Uhhh... some alien prisoners had a break out last night at one of the DEO facilities. They are currently holding several staff hostage. J'onn needs me to go and put a stop to it." Kara explains.