It's Us pt.1

Seoul Medical Center

It was just another day for the doctors and interns to do their rounds, and it was just another day for the confined patients to be... well... sick, I suppose.

Some gets lucky to go home. Some are still getting the medical attention that they need. Some unfortunate ones dies. And some... they're just about to discover their doom.

It was late in the afternoon when Choi Jisu walked past the white, sterile walls of the hospital. People rushed here and there and beds with bleeding people were rushing towards her direction, she overheard they were the casualties from the recent bombing near a cafe at 7th street.

What an unpredictable life, she thought. One time you'd be sitting pretty on a cafe, sipping on some nice tea or coffee... and then boom.

But that's life. You know, no one gets a perfect life, so better cherish what's in your grasp. That's how Lia think. She does not want to complicate things. It is what it is, and that's that.

But then again, no one gets a perfect life, and no emotion isn't lit enough to not burn your insides. Because it always does. Some just deals with it in ways that would make you wonder... while some... they're just plain bad with dealing with emotions. That's Choi Lia. She's bad at dealing with feelings. She could only comprehend happy feelings, but she gets lost in the bad ones, it overshadows the good parts of her. She'd think and think and think of why, how and all those things that goes through her messy head.

Mind over heart. That's Lia.

Because feelings, she concluded, were just fuck ass hormones and stimulus added with her five senses that causes havoc in her system. It seems stupid. A waste of time to feel anything when nothing really matters and we'll all die anyway.

But the irony is, she's in love. Yes. She is in love. She has an opposite belief, contradicting herself. She's a living hypocrite.

And there she was, the hypocrite, looking for her beloved girlfriend with a bento in hand. She assumed the surgery took so long that she didn't get to come home the night before. She just want to serve her breakfast even if she just bought it on the way. She's a lovesick idiot.

"Lia-unnie!" The girl directed her sight to the source of the voice. It was Chaeryoung. Patient 7 of the cancer ward.

"Ryoungie~" Lia immediately turned into a mush as soon as she saw the girl. She had been acquainted with the girl ever since the last three years that Lia and Ryujin started dating.

Chaeryoung, on a wheelchair, made her way to Lia and the latter did to her. Lia bent down a little to give the younger girl a gentle hug knowing how fragile her body is.

"How are you? It's been a little while since I saw you," Lia let go and held the younge girl's hand. "You're a teenager now."

"Yes unnie, I am officially a teenager. And I've been doing good lately. How 'bout you? Are y-you and Ryu-Ryujin-unnie doing good?"

"Never been better like before, we're good kiddo. I'm still in love with that jokester, and well,I'm lovable so she's definitely in love with me."

"Th-thats's good to hear, Lia-unnie," the younger girl fumbled with her fingers, trying to position herself on her wheelchair, seemingly uncomfortable. "I-I'll go n-now, unnie. See you when I see you."

"Oh, okay. See you, Chaeryoungie. I'll go see Ryujin now."

...

👁👄👁 hi. Happy 2k reads.
piratemagpie here ya go.

This is only around 600+ words bcs it's rushed and it'll be too long if I post it in whole so yahhh 😗

See you guys in pt.2