32°

°~ Desires ~°

°~ Desires ~°

It was a cold but sunny day when Hwang Chaerin walked out of her mansion, all sulky because of yesterday's event. She hated how soft she was in front of a certain person. She hated how her tongue gets all tied up and how she couldn't say anything in front of him. She hated how he turned her into a different person.

"Aish... Hwang Chaerin, you are so stupid...Why did you have to say that...?" She ruffles her hair in annoyance, then raising her head as nothing happened. Chaerin get a hold of yourself! Are you seriously going to let someone like Han Seojun mess with your mind...?

"You look like a bus went over you." Voice interrupted her thoughts. I looked aside to see Lee Suho, my best friend. 

"Gee thank you." I rolled my eyes at him, walking up to him. He smiles at me, hugging me in the process. We separated and continued walking. But I noticed that something was wrong. 

"Spill it out," I say, glancing at him. He sighs with a small smile. 

"You know me too well...It's about Lim Jukyung..." He says and starts talking about how she wants to hide their relationship. Which made me confused. Why would she want that? Are they hiding something from me...?

No, I'm going to respect their secrets and I will try to support them. I'm their best friend and I have to show that they can rely on me, no matter what happens.

"Can you help me?" I hear Suho asks. I looked up to him to see him looking at me directly. I smile at him, shrugging.

"It's not like I have any other choice." 

~

We arrived at the school and Suho walked away, saying that he has to copy some papers for teachers. I walked to our classroom to see everyone around Lim Jukyung. What...? Already...? I walked in to hear that boys caught Jukyung with some male on a date. 

Aish...Suho, you dumbass...You really don't know what the word secret means...

"You are overreacting a bit," Ahn says.

"Maybe she is dating a celebrity?" Guys cheered, laughing. Jukyung sits on her chair annoyed, while Sua persuaded her to tell her who the lucky guy is. Taehoon looks at Suho frustrated. While Suho looks at me and motioned me to take care of the guys. I sigh, throwing my bag at the table, making a huge noise. Everyone quieted down and looked at me.

"Maybe she is. Who knows...? I don't... But I know one thing. Who are you to invade someone's privacy...?" I glared guys. Ahn sweatdropped and looked away. I slowly made my way to them and grabbed Ahn's collar.

"Do something like that again...And the word 'Privacy' won't exist for you anymore. Understand?" I glared at all of them. They all nodded quickly and went to their seats. I smirk in satisfaction and turned on my heel, glancing at Suho who nods at me. I sat for my table, accidentally taking the glance at Han Seojun. Yesterday's events playing in my head, making me slam my head on the table.

/Flashback/

"Hwang Chaerin...I have to tell you something." Han Seojun looked at me, making my face go hot. He was too serious which was quite unusual of him. I nodded at him to continue, unsure what to expect.

"Uh..how to tell you this...I need advice." He said nervously. I raised my eyebrow at him. 

"I like Lim Jukyung." But before I could say anything, he continued. " I liked her. Just because...I like someone else. Just because I'm finding comfort in her. You see...I don't think I have a chance with the girl I like."

He explained while he cleaned the leftovers. There was silence between us. He doesn't like Jukyung...? But someone else who I don't know...? And he thinks that he doesn't have a chance...? 

"Why...?" I found myself asking. He stopped doing the cleaning and looked at me. His eyes slightly widened.

"Well...She is so different than me. She is really pretty...no...beautiful...She is really smart... Brave... Badass...Nice...Talented...Everything that I'm not. She is in a much higher class than me."

He said quietly, letting everything that bugged him. He sighed and I knew that he was in love with that girl. That everything that he said just now, he meant from his heart.

And I knew that I can't compare to that. I'm not that selfish and terrible person, so because of him, I'm going to help him. 

"So what...? You should follow your heart. Tell her how you feel. Because...that's what is love about right...? To follow what your heart desires. So what your heart desires...?" I say softly, looking at him. He sighed with a small smile and he got close to me.

Dangerously close to me. His face was an inch away from mine. His eyes examining my face, as some kind of tension between us, grew. My hand that I was leaning on got sweaty and I fell down on the floor. And it seemed that Seojun used that as a perfect opportunity to lean over me.

My heart beated fast in my chest as he was too close to me. His body over mine, his face again close to mine. He caught my gaze and stared into my eyes.

"You are right. I will get what my heart desires. What I want."

/Flashback/

"Chaerin-ah? So when you will find someone?" Sua walks up to me, smiling. I look at her and waved with my hand in a dismissive manner. 

"I don't need a boyfriend," I say uninterested. Sua whines next to me, telling me that I need to have someone. That boyfriend is a must-have in highschool. And other things that almost every girl is saying.

"Listen to what midget has to say. You need a boyfriend." Han Seojun says while walking past us, winking at me. I looked at his back as he walked outside of the classroom.

Note: Hello everyone! As promised another chapter is here today! I hope that you like it and that you like in which direction the story is going😊❤️

Please tell me how do you like it and what would you like to see in next chapters🥰💕

Stay safe and happy❤️