8.

It had been three weeks since the term started and Rose had been tirelessly working with the team. They'd been putting in as much effort as they could, preparing for the year ahead.

Rose was determined to win the quidditch cup this year after they had lost it by mere inches last year.

The first game of the year was set in three days, they would be facing Slytherin. Their team was rumoured to be better this year, their captain was implementing new training techniques that Rose didn't dare employ.

Even so, Rose consumed herself in quidditch books and learned new techniques, drilling them all into her team. They were winning it this year

After the practice Rose showered and was off to the common room with Lily who waited for her and Marlene after practice, they were supposed to study for their next potions class.

On their way into the castle, James and Sirius caught up with them.

"Hello, beautiful. Couldn't keep your eyes off me during practice?" James asked Lily, squeezing in beside her.

"Actually I could. You were flying like a first year. And if you'll excuse me, I have something worthwhile to be doing," Lily retorted, picking up her pace as she went.

Rose and Marlene laughed, giving pouty eyes to James.

"You'll get her one day, Prongs," said Sirius, ruffling James's hair.

"What's with the nickname?" Rose asked the boys as they neared the common room.

Sirius snickered. "Wouldn't you like to know, Rosy," he said, using her nickname.

"Not that important anyway," Rose replied, grabbing Marlene's arm and sitting down with Lily in the common room.

They opened their potions textbooks and within minutes Marlene was whining and on the verge of a breakdown, even after Rose and Lily both tried to explain the concept of an Amortentia potion.

"It's simple, Mar. To make it you use Ashwinder eggs, rose thorns, peppermint, powdered moonstone, pearl dust, rose petals, and-" Rose tried once again to explain but was cut off.

"I don't care about this stupid love potion! I don't care what's in it, however many stupid times you have to stir with what stupid rod. My bed and I have a date and I don't intend to miss it," Marlene excused, closing her book with a sigh.

"Fine. Severus is free, isn't he? We'll go study with him, then," Lily commented as she picked up her books, beckoning her sister to do the same.

Usually, they'd deal with Mar and her whining but tonight James had decided to sit beside the three girls and bother Lily. He continuously complimented her and asked her out and by that point, Lily was fed up.

"Come on! Where are you going? To see Snivellus and his death eater friends? You girls are too good for him!" James called, using the nickname he and Sirius had come up with.

Both twins scowled at the boy. "You don't get to dictate who we hang out with, especially when we're choosing to hang out with him over you," Lily retorted, pulling her sister out of the portrait hole and toward the library.

"Burn!" They heard Sirius exclaim as the fat lady closed the entrance. Rose shook her head, suppressing a smile.

In the library they found Severus seated in the corner, looking through one of the books from the restricted section.