4 - Cinnamon

Time skip 4 1/2 months, Addison is 6 months (approx. 24 weeks) pregnant, it's August. 

"Okay baby looks good, I'll print out some sonogram pictures for you. How many do you want?" Dr. Miel asks as I wipe the gel off my growing belly. 

"3 would be great if that's not too much to ask," I respond after counting in my head. 

I sit up and pull my shirt down, letting my feet hang off the examination table. 

"Alright you're good to go, everything seems to be on track to have a natural birth just keep taking those vitamins." She smiles handing me the 4 sonogram photos. 

I thank her and leave to book my next appointment at the front desk. Once my appointment is booked I get in my car and roll the windows down, the August heat is really getting to me. 

I reach my next destination and park on the street, making sure the sonogram pictures are in my purse before locking the car and walking to the front door. 

Soon after I knock on the door I hear yelling on the inside over who's going to get the door. I laugh as the door is pulled open and my parents shove at each other to get to me first, eventually my father gives up and my mom comes to hug me. 

My parents met when they were in their early 20s, they told me it was like love at first sight. They got married then had me and my younger sister not long after; though I'm sure my grandparents wished they had more. 

My father, James, is Greek, he wasn't born there but you wouldn't even know it and my mother, Michelle, is from a small island in the Caribbean so my extended family is large and loud, but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

"Right on time, I just finished making lunch." She releases me from the hug and ushers me inside. 

"Hey now, where's my hug?" I hear my dad ask from behind us. 

"Maybe if you were faster you would've got to her first." 

"I let you get to her first and you know that." He kisses her on the cheek before passing and entering the kitchen.

I go hug him while my mom goes to the stove to get lunch. 

"How are my two babies doing today, huh? How was the appointment?" He asks me pulling out my chair before his own. 

"The baby is good, Dr.Miel said everything is on track at the moment," I tell them both as my mom puts lunch on the table in front of us.

"Alright, we have rice, chicken souvlaki, and a salad which you both have to have some of. I also picked up some bread yesterday, and I'm so glad to hear that honey." She places everything down and takes a seat.

"No Alexis today?" I ask about my younger sister while piling food on my plate.

My sister Alexis is 3 years younger than me, about to go into her last of university studying journalism. Growing up we were told we could be mistaken for twins, but I never saw it, we both got our mom's freckles and complexion but her hair was always curlier than mine, almost kinky like moms. 

"No, she's out with some friends today." My dad replies to me, though he sounds unimpressed. 

"Ah, I see, well I have a sonogram for you guys from today's appointment." I reach into my purse and hand the photo to them. 

After my parents gush over the photo we continue eating lunch, talking about anything and everything. I wait until we're done eating before I ask my parents a question that's been on my mind all day.