6

☾

"I still can't believe you watched her sleep....like you actually climbed into her bedroom and just watched her sleep" says Emmet as he gives Edward a weirded out look, practically bullying the copper haired boy within his mind.

Edward groans loudly at the laughing stock he's become, rubbing a hand over his face whilst avoiding eye contact.

It was once again a school day and the family were sitting at lunch when the topic of Isabella Swan was brought up once again by Emmet. It was a subject that the blonde female of the family had banned from discussion but Emmet just couldn't help himself.

Rosalie, Jasper and Kol were ready to floor Edward when he came into the house smelling of the girl, her sickly sweet scent lingering onto his clothes with such a grasp on the fibres it took three washes for the scent to disappear completely. Jasper was angry for the reason that he still couldn't control his blood lust, even the lingering scent of her caused venom to pool in his mouth and thirst bile in his throat painfully; the other two however were pissed because even after Edwards "promise" he had still not stayed away from the girl and had now taken it upon himself to let himself into her bedroom.

He broke his promise.

Edward rarely ever breaks promises and here he was. For her.

"Katherine" Edward groans whilst shooting the girl a look, said female just shrugging innocently and continuing to bask in the attention her mate was giving her.

"I said I wouldn't interfere. However, never did I say I wouldn't rat you out for your freakish behaviours. Besides Alice also told, it wasn't just me" she replies to him and turns in her seat to face her brother who was picking at the food on his lunch tray.

Edward shoots Alice a look at the information, only to receive the same careless shrug Katherine had given him.

"You want to come with me to draw when we get home?" Katherine asks Kol and a small smile lit up on his face at the question, he nods his head at her with full eagerness. He loved when they could just get away and spend the afternoon together just like they did before becoming vampires, drawing together was something they had done from being children.

She smiled gently at her twin before turning back to Rosalie, the blonde watching them with fond eyes. She knew Kol loved going out into the woods with her wife and watching her draw, Rosalie even sometimes went with them and Katherine always tries to teach them it's never up to her level of skills. The pair have improved over the years however.

Katherine was an amazing artist, one of the best Rosalie had ever seen, throughout the years she had taken it upon herself to paint a portrait for each and every family member, in the living room there was close to an entire wall of portraits of each person from every decade, showing the never ageing faces but passing decade themes. They held a private memory for all.