✹thirteen✹

The feast was grand, as any was in King Aerys' court. 50 courses were ordered, just shy of the 55 that had been ordered at Rhaegar's wedding. After the wedding speeches, Rhena had asked Grand Maester Pycelle to give the extra food to any orphanages or hospitals in the areas in Flea Bottom. There was of course no way that anyone could eat 50 courses and the thought of wasted food disgusted her.

The people danced and cheered for the union between the east and west and that of the love of the dragon and the lion. Many at court knew how close the two had been since childhood and it did many of them good to see them married and happy.

And happy they were. Rhena was at Jaime's side the whole night as was Jaime to Rhena. They greeted guests and accepted gifts from their families and other noble ones.

They danced and danced together until their feet were sore and the only other partners they took were their siblings and close friends. Rhena took a turn around the ballroom with all the Starks including Lord Rickard who had warmed up to her since all of the time that she spent with Lyanna.

Jaime had kept a close eye on her when she was in the arms of someone else. Benjen led her into a complicated dance of the north which she had learned not two days prior when she was with the siblings. They laughed and sang along with the music while twirling around in circles.

Brandon was just as carefree. For her sake, he tried a southern dance that Rhena had taught him with Lyanna and ended up just spinning her around till they were both dizzy out of their minds.

Ned was more refined and though smiles and laughs were shared between them, he was still able to hold an air of lordliness and ice. "Lighten up." Rhena urged when she approached him with Lyanna on her arm. "Those around us may think your dog just died." Lyanna burst out laughing.

Ned simply cracked a smile at his sister's jolly mood and the princesses comment. "Perhaps one of the Starks will keep a grasp on reality tonight." He suggested accusingly at his sister, who, by the look of her, had already had too much to drink. Her cheeks were a bright pink and her eyes were glassy and bright.

Jaime had come to sweep her away again and they talked of Casterly Rock and their lives ahead of them, not giving a care in the world for those around them.

When desert was served, Tyrion toddled up the makeshift steps that the builders had made in the ballroom for the high table. In his hand was a box of black velvet with a red and gold ribbon keeping it together.

"Happy wedding day Rhea." He said, softly setting the box down in front of her and bowing.

The little thing moved to walk away but Rhena called out to him. "Tyrion, stay, I wish to know what you gave me." He smiled and bounded back up the steps.

The ribbon fell away with ease and when the contents of the box exposed itself, Rhena gasped. Inside was a beautiful black dagger. The guard was made of two dragon heads, facing away from each other and the pommel was placed with a large ruby. It was a remembrance of her house and what her life was; what she was leaving behind. Underneath it, was a black leather belt with a matching sheath. Both were embroidered with scarlet thread in the shape of dragon scales. They were so small, that from far away, they just looked a blur of red.

"Oh my darling," Rhena said to Tyrion. "It's perfect. It shall be my favorite of the gifts." The princess rose from her chair and walked around the table, approaching the blushing boy. She knelt next to him and embraced her new brother.

"I'm glad you like it Rhea," He squeaked out. "Prince Rhaegar helped me draw it up." Rhena pulled back and smiled at her brother who was sitting in between Viserys and Elia by her empty seat. He watched the two of them with shining eyes, a hand placed gently on his wife's belly.