Nine

Ariana
1 month later...

"So are you coming home today?" I asked my dad over the phone.

"Nah. I'm sorry baby girl. I still have things to handle down here. I know you were expecting me to be home for your birthday but I got you a gift." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Dad, this is the third time in a row that you've missed out on my birthday." I said.

"I know and I'm sorry." He said.

"It's okay. But what's the gift?" I asked.

"Well..." He said and I smacked my lips.

"Please, tell me." I begged.

"Alright alright. Thursday, I have a plane taking you to Cali for the weekend." He spoke and I gasped over dramatically.

"Forreal?!" I asked half way hanging off my bed.

"Yes." He said.

"Can I take Jayda?" I asked and I heard him laugh.

"Yes you can take Jayda but Dave's coming along." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I guess." I said.

"Alright. I have to get back to work. Love you." He said and I smiled.

"Love you too." The line between us ended and I got up, going to my mirror and calling Jayda on FaceTime.

Once she answered, I squealed loudly.

"Bitch what's going on?" She asked with a look of worry.

"We going on a trip to Cali hoe!" I shouted before her eyes grew wide in amazement.

"Bitch are you serious!" She asked as she got up.

"Yes. Now come over so we can go to the mall. I wanna see if I can find me a couple of outfits." I said.

"Alright. I'm on my way." She said before she hung up. My door then opened and Dave came into view.

"What the hell you screaming for?" He asked and I rolled my eyes, ignoring him.

Me and Dave were not on good terms because he was texting that same bitch he was fucking with that time he left me in that hot ass car.

He might think we on good terms because he doesn't see that he's did anything wrong but it's Gucci and I'm not tripping.

If I was to express my feelings to Dave, he probably wouldn't even say anything because he swears he doesn't like me but we'll see on this trip.

"My nigga tryna take me out." I said.

Feeling him yank my ponytail, he pulled me too him.

"Don't play with me Ariana." He said and I sighed loudly.

"Ain't nobody playing David." I said and he mushed my head.

"Yeah Aight. I'm downstairs playing 2k with Dante if you need me." He said with a childish smirk and I flicked him off.

After me and Dave's moment a month ago, he hasn't said anything about it but me? I think about it every night.

I sat down on my bed, my eyes roaming around blankly as I sighed. My mind wondered every where for a while before I decided to change into some clothes.

Right when I was finished, my door bursted in with Jayda.

"Bestie!" She screamed as she jumped on top of me, kissing me repeatedly. Once she got off, I looked at her crazily.