Family Matters (Fred Weasley)

A/N: The Weasley's were never fond of Fred's pureblood Slytherin girlfriend, but during one family dinner, it makes Fred snap

TW: Recovery of an ED

3rd POV:
The Weasley's loved their children's significant others, well expect for Fleur Delacour and Y/n L/n. The two girls did become close friends due to the fact during their stays at the Burrow, they would only talk to each other. When Molly first met Fleur, she didn't like that she was younger than Bill and a veela, thinking she seduced Bill. And after the war, she met Y/n. The L/n's were a rich pureblood family, all coming from Slytherin. Molly thought Y/n was a bad influence for her Freddie.

"Where are they?" Molly urged while the rest of the family sat at the dinner table waiting for the two.

"Did you tell them what time to come?" George asked his mother.

"I said come around for dinner." Molly sat down next to Arthur.

"Then why are you expecting them now?" Bill raised an eyebrow.

"Because everyone else is already here!" Molly exclaimed. Bill had became close with Y/n, because his wife and her were friends. Y/n was a nice person and the four would have weekly tea at Fred and Y/n's flat.

"We're here." Fred called walking into the dining room.

"Freddie." Molly smiled kissing his cheek.

"Hi Mrs. Weasley." Y/n gave her a small smile.

"Hello." She gave her an uneasy look. "Come on then."

"I brought banana pudding." Y/n gave her my dish.

"I can take that." She grabbed the plate and brought it into the kitchen.

"Mum why don't you leave it on the table?" Fred looked at his mother in confusion why she left it in the kitchen instead of table where the rest of the food is.

"There isn't any room." Molly replied though there was enough space in front of Fred's plate. Once dinner started, Fred, Y/n, Bill and Fleur said on one end of the table while the rest of the family said on the other side having their own conversation. It hurt Fred that his family didn't like his girlfriend, but he didn't want to cause any family drama while everything was going quite alright.

"So, Freddie Y/n, what have you two been up too?" George asked once Molly started to clear the table for dessert.

"We just came from my cousins engagement party." Y/n smiled.

"I didn't know you had a cousin?" Ron looked at Y/n.

"Her name's Jade Arroway, she was in Ravenclaw, she was in the same year as you." Y/n looked at Ron.

"I remember her, she hit me off my broom in 5th year." Ginny frowned a bit.

"She only did that because you broke her arm." Y/n replied cooly.

"She could of just apologized." Harry murmured.

"You want my cousin to apologize when she had her arm broken?" Y/n raised an eyebrow at Harry.

"Wait, no, I didn't mean it like that." Harry tried to save himself.

"Well, that's what you said." Y/n said.

"Who's ready for dessert." Molly walked back in.

"Mum you should try Y/n/n's banana pudding, it's really good." Fred looked at Molly. She gave Y/n a wary look but got some just to make her son happy.

"This has way to many vanilla wafers and it's too sweet." Molly grimaced once she took a bit. Y/n looked down at her plate, slowly sliding down. All she wanted to do was please Fred's family but whatever she did wasn't good enough.

"I think it's delicious." Bill smiled trying to make the situation better.

"Thank you." Y/n looked up and gave him a small smile.

"Don't you think you should lay back on the sweets?" Angelina, George's girlfriend asked looking at Y/n. Y/n and Angelina were never friends, mostly enemies. During their Hogwarts days, Angelina used to make rumors about Y/n saying she was cheating on Fred and used to make fun about her recovering from an eating disorder.

"Right." Y/n set her fork down and pushed her plate away. Fred frowned at the sight, he knew how hard it was for her to eat on a public place like this, but she did it for Fred so they could come to family dinners.

"She is right, you could look a bit thinner." Molly chimed in.

"Enough!" Fred shouted slamming his fist on the table causing the plates to shift.

"Fred!" Arthur scowled his son.

"You all need to stop this, why do you hate Y/n so much, she has done nothing wrong to you all, she is trying her best to please you but you can't seem to get her the light of day, so why do you hate her so much?" Fred looked at his family.

"She's a Slytherin, her cousin is marrying a death eater." Ron answered, it was no secret the Weasley's hated Slytherin's.

"Ron we all graduated years ago, and you hate her based on her house, she hasn't done a bad thing." Fred defended.

"She's a bad influence on you." Ginny replied.

"Is it because she wasn't in Gryffindor. Because you guys like Harry, Hermione and Angelina but hate on Fleur and Y/n who haven't done anything wrong!" Fred continued. "After we left the first time she met you, she started crying because she didn't she good enough for you all, all she has done was please you but it's not good enough for you.

"Neither of them are good for you." Molly looked at Bill and Fred. Both girls looked at each other wide eyed, it was true, Molly didn't like either of the girls.

"Mum we're married!" Bill chiming in. "You've had it out for her since day 1, same with you Ginny, why can't you accept we're happy together."

"William, don't talk to your mother like that?" Arthur looked at his eldest son.

"He's right, you think we can't hear you and Ginny talk about our significant other behind our backs." Fred looked at his mum. "I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her, but if you can't understand that, I'm done."

"What do you mean you're done?" Molly looked at him.

"I'm done with this family. I can't keep coming here if all you do is bash my girlfriend because she isn't like Angelina." Fred set his napkin down on his plate. "Come on Y/n/n, let's go home."

"Fred, don't do this?" Arthur looked at his son. "You're really going to choose her over your family."

"She is my family." Fred declared. "Whenever you all ready to have a civilized conversation send us an owl."

"We're leaving too." Bill grabbed Fleur's hand and followed Fred and Y/n.

"You too?" Molly said on the verge of tears.

"I can't keep doing this, I can't keep defending Fleur every time you have something bad to say, I love her." Bill replied.

"Freddie." George followed his brother ignoring the glare Angelina was sending her.

"I'll see you at the shop." Fred gave him a nod.

"Bye George, sorry for ruining tonight." Y/n gave a small smile before stepping into the fireplace letting the green flames engulf her and Fred sending them to their flat.

———
this has such Weasley family slander, sorry. but I feel like if one of the Weasley's had a Slytherin significant other, it would take them a while to get used to it, like how they were with Fleur