Chapter 42

Rus's P.O.V

There was a truckload of noise that blasted around the room. Some of it came from fighting, while the others came from wild assumptions made by the countries in the room.

They made my own thoughts on the situation muted and muffled. It was as if my own mind was pitted against me.

I took in a deep breath and let it go, while I sat down in my normal seat. Words, depictions, and solutions flooded into my head like a typhoon. None of them were true, but I wanted to believe that some of them were.

America was next to me, his shoulders were tense and his eyes were sharp; the same way that I had seen him everyday for the past week. His palms were dug into the soft section of the seat and his nails pierced the leather.

He clearly had his own disputing thoughts on the situation and what was happening, most of which weren't good.

UN and EU were still not in the room, which wasn't a good sign at all. It probably meant that this was very serious.

The only one in the negative space that didn't seem phased was Portugal.

It was strange to see her so content, even if her counterpart, Spain, wasn't doing so well. Where he was panicking and asking if anyone had something to do with the terrible event, Portugal was sitting silently on her phone.

One might have called her selfish or devoid of feelings, but I could see that she was focused on something, as a frown cursed her face.

She wasn't unfeeling, but she put her head over her heart.

That was a good thing in this case.

"Alright everyone, please take a seat and calm yourselves down. We have a lot to go over." UN announced, as he and EU waked into the room.

It was strange to hear him lead the conversation, after all, EU had pretty much taken over that role.

The people listened and fled back to their places, as they waisted anxiously. Everybody wanted answers, and he was possibly the only one who could give any.

"Thank you for doing that quickly. Now, I understand that most of you know what has happened, but, just in case you don't, an empty cyanide container was found in the nurse's office. We have reason to believe that Mexico took the pill and somehow managed to either disappear or be killed by it." UN laid out.

Hushed whispers flew around the enclosed space and they were disapproving of that name. Nobody thought of her in a good light anymore, it was all bad.

"So, now that you all know what has happened, I want to ask any of you who possibly have a lead as to what could have aspired to come forward and tell all of us about it." He instructed. "So, does anyone have a reason as to why this may have occurred?"

It was silent for a moment, like a flock of crickets had replaced all of the people inside of the room.

Then one hand flew up; Portugal's.

"Go ahead." UN gave her the green light, she stood up out of her seat, and walked to the front. She stepped behind the podium and lowered the bendable microphone to fit her height.

"Obrigado por me deixar falar." (Thank you for letting me speak.) She humbly started. "Agora, estou muito surpresa que ninguém tenha pensado em pesquisar as condições do México na época em que este evento ocorreu." (Now, I am very surprised that no one has thought to search up the conditions of Mexico during the time in which this event occurred.)