Chapter 18: Her Hand

Once everything was beginning to settle, Sasha had invited you over to her parents' house. She goes off and on about the forests surrounding the area. Even sharing her memories of those forests when she was a little kid. Although her father kept "scolding" her for the wrong details. 

Each memory of hers always tugged a smile on your face. Who knew this crazed, young woman was such a troublemaker and very precise. How did she hunt her first, successful prey? A little squirrel with the arrow piercing from its chest to tail. Every other memory like that...

"Oh, Dad, do you mind if I try hunting one last time today? Before the sun sets, of course."

Sasha had this brimming smile on her face- and you guess her father couldn't say no to that. "Not too long, Sasha. You know the rules of hunting-"

"Of course." She then nudges you, chuckling softly. "(y/n), want me to show you some of the ropes of hunting? You can just watch me for now as we can have more time hunting at first light tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'll watch you hunt."

"I'll go get my things then! Meet you outside the hut, okay?"

You nodded in response as she darts from the kitchen and off to the side door. You were left alone with her family members- and of course, it worried you. Mr. Braus removed his hat, sighing softly to you. "I... heard a lot from Sasha..."

"Anything bad about me?" 

Instead of a cold and cruel scowl towards you, he gave a kind smile. A twinkle in his eyes as well. "Just know you're doing the right thing. She's quite energetic, and I'm surprised you tamed her like that. You're a great person, (y/n)... and I hope she will always realize this."

"Is this... okay for me to ask her to marry me? I mean, I know I already did it before, but we never really-"

"We've been waiting to hear that from Sasha," Mrs. Braus says softly with a calm smile. "I'm surprised you never officially announced it to everyone. But like what he says, we're completely fine with you marrying our daughter."

"Thank you," you began, unable to hold your excitement. Was it time for you to get a ring and propose to her properly? Or just be casual and elope when the time was right? "I... I can't-"

"Everything's fine as long as you keep my Sasha safe and sound. As long as she's kept happy, I'll be happy." Mr. Braus says softly just in time when Sasha barged in with her hunting bow and quiver on her back. "Ah, Sasha- sorry for holding (y/n) up! He'll be going now."

She had such a beautiful smile as she held her hand out for yours. "We're wasting daylight, (y/n)! The sun's going to set soon!"

You uttered a few words to her, following her lead out into the forest. For a plan to be forever by her side will commence. Hopefully no one else objects this arrangement between you and Sasha. Like a bond that could never be broken. This... is who you are.