Chapter Thirty Five

Pierce~

Hunter had called both teams in, including Nate who had already obtained the video footage from Luxe and was picking it apart for anything they could use to track down Natalie.

The uneasy feeling of deja vu crept up the spine of every man there and Pierce searched the room for Declan as soon as he entered.

"Where's Lexi?" Pierce asked immediately, knowing that she was okay judging by Declan's relaxed posture, but needing to hear him say it.

"Break room." Declan answered.

Pierce nodded in relief before leaning over the back of Nate's chair, praying he had found something they could use to find Natalie.

"Please tell me you've got something we can use."

"I'm working on it brother. No plates on the car and no cell phones to ping. I'm trying to track them by security cam footage on adjoining buildings and tolls, but it's taking some time." Nate said with his eyes locked onto the screen in front of him.

Pierce raked his hand down his face in frustration.

Hunter appeared in the doorway with a disgusted look on his face that grabbed the attention of every man in the room.

"Estrada's transport convoy was hijacked on its way to San Pedro..."

"You can't be fucking serious." Slater growled.

"Afraid so. Happened an hour or two ago, but we're just now getting word. The feds are scrambling to find him. It's a complete cluster fuck."

Every man in the room knew that Estrada was probably headed to wherever Natalie was and whatever he had in store for her was unbearable to think about. Pierce flexed and balled his fists, needing to hit something, needing to release the building rage within him that was now so close to the surface it was practically crawling up his neck. Running a hand through his hair Pierce contorted his neck, rolling it back and forth as a last ditch effort to physically restrain his anger.

"Take a walk Hollywood." Hunter said in a low controlled voice.

"What?" Pierce bit out.

"You heard him Pierce." Declan echoed.

"Un-fucking-believable...You of all people should understand what I'm going through Dec."

"I do. And I know that you are about ten seconds away from tearing this entire room apart with your bare hands. You're too close to this. Take a breather."

Pierce huffed out angry breath and shook his head in disbelief.

"Come find me the second you hear something." Pierce said pointing right at Declan before he burst through the conference room door and into the hall.

He stormed down the hallway and into the kitchen trying to find anything with alcohol in it and praying there was beer in the fridge. He flung the door of the fridge open only to find it stocked with bottled water and leftovers.

I can't catch a fucking break.

Slinging the fridge door closed, he slammed his fist into the cool metal, denting in the cheap door beneath his hand. The pain he felt was a welcomed distraction and seemed to help him release a small bit of anger, but it wasn't nearly enough. He leaned his head forward and rested it on the cold metal of the dented fridge door when heard a small voice echo from the other side of the room.

"Jesus Pierce."

"Not now Lex." he begged.

"Yeah I'm sure you'd love it if I left and let you slam your fists into that fridge a few more times, but it's not going to happen."