𝟬𝟭. 𝗯𝘂𝘀 𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲

SUNDAY

crap.
thought a h/c-haired girl as she trips
over someone's outstretched leg.

she comes tumbling to the bus' black floor. but before she can make impact with it, the back of her shirt is roughly grabbed.

her e/c eyes momentarily widen with shock before she stands up on her feet again— so the stranger wont have to hold her up for any longer. she's instantly met with a smirking, tall male with grey-streaked hair. his golden eyes stare down at y/n- as he stands at around 6'1.

standing beside him was a quiet, blank-faced boy with black hair. his steely blue eyes gazed down blankly at the girl, as he stood just a few inches shorter than the owl-like male beside him.

"hey!! you alright?"
the grey-streaked hair one asked.
and really, the only thing the introverted girl could do was hesitantly nod, shrinking back a bit away from the boys.

"yeah, t-thanks!"

"oh, good!! hey, why don't
you sit back here with us?"

streaky hair points to the back of the bus without turning his gaze away from y/n. the back seats that he was referring to are currently occupied by another black-haired boy. he's on his phone. her lips part open; she's about to politely decline his invitation, for she doesn't want to bother them. but he speaks again.

"there's no more seats left-
it's kinda crowded today!!"

the girl looks around her at the bus.
oh.

she blinks in surprise after realizing it's jam-packed, truly no place for her to sit or stand. the passengers flooded in really quickly. her eyes dart over to the blue-eyed boy to gauge his reaction; or maybe it was for approval. he looks away, silent.

"u-um... o-okay."
she stutters, nodding her head to the taller boy as his smile stretches.

"yesss!!"
he briefly celebrates, drawing out the
's' sound.

"here, c'mon!"
the boys walk down the bus aisle and y/n hesitantly follows along like a lost puppy. streaky hair sits beside the other black-haired boy, while the blue-eyed boy sits on the left side. they leave an extremely small gap in the seats for the girl to 'sit' on, because there's no more room.

the newest boy glances up,
turning off his phone.

"oh, who's this?"
he raises a curious eyebrow as y/n shyly seats herself in the gap, trying her best to not touch the boys so much. once she's all settled, her thighs are snug against their own legs, and her body is squeezed between the two boys.

"hmm... i actually don't know.
what's your name?" her body is ridiculously tensed as streaky-hair slightly turns himself to face her and see her expressions.

"y-y/n..."
she answers quietly, her gaze glued to her hands in which are holding each other, resting in her lap; the fabric of her black skirt comforting them.

"oh, cool!! well, i'm koutarou bokuto!! this is tetsurou kuroo!" he motions over to the roosterhead of a boy, and y/n forces herself to look up at the supposed kuroo.

he gives a slight smirk to her; she gives a shaky smile in return. bokuto then reaches over the girl's form to point at the other boy, who's sitting on the other side of y/n.

"and this, is akaashiiiiii!"
he states proudly, and the girl can't help but smile at bokuto's bubbly personality.

she glances at akaashi,
giving him a small smile.
"h-hi."

akaashi pushes bokuto back in his seat before turning to y/n, still a blank look on his face.

"hey. sorry about bokuto."

easily accepting his apology,
the girl smiles.
"it's okay."

her gaze falls back on her lap; her taut and shaky hands as the bus begins to move, somewhat jostling its passengers for a second. but nonetheless, it still causes the four's bodies to make even more contact. and y/n blushes furiously with embarrassment as she bites her bottom lip. she fears what they may think of her as she plants her feet on the ground, trying to steady her swaying body.

the sudden motion of bokuto's hand around her shoulder temporarily paralyzes her before she looks up at him with wide, e/c eyes. his face is so close to hers. he smirks at her, a very small dust of pink
dying his features.

"it's okay, you won't fall- i gotchu!!"

she smiles at him, giving him a small nod before her body suddenly begins to relax. she wonders why the stranger's words calmed her down so much. maybe it was just his upbeat, carefree, friendly way that he had about him.

"so, y/n, have you started
school again yet?"
kuroo asks, snapping
y/n out of her daze.

"o-oh- no, not yet.
it'll start again next monday."

bokuto raises a brow.
"we start again on monday, too!
what school do you go to?"

"fukurodani."

all three of the boys' eyes widen with surprise after hearing this. bokuto's lips curl up in joy while kuroo and akaashi try to regain their composure.

"wooow!! y/n-chan! this is so cool! we go to the same school! we can be best friends!"

he exclaims, y/n giggles quietly.
and it's music to the boys' ears
as they watch her intently.

"wait..."
akaashi suddenly says,
drawing everyone's attention.

"are you new?
i don't remember seeing you before springbreak."

she nods.

"oh. okay."

kuroo perks up.
"what year are you, y/n?"

"oh— a second year."

"agghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
bokuto grunts loudly, holding his head in his hands and gritting his teeth with furrowed eyebrows. it catches y/n off guard, making her somewhat uneasy as she purses her lips.

"dangit!!! that's not fair!
i wanted to be in the same class as you!"

he whines. she glances over to akaashi and kuroo, confused as to why they're so calm after bokuto's small outburst.

kuroo begins to elaborate
on his friend's behaviour.
"me and bo are third-years."

y/n makes an 'o' with her mouth. bokuto's displeased whines play in the background as kuroo speaks again with a slight smirk.

"akaashi's a second ye-"

"y/n-chan!"
bokuto suddenly says. y/n instantly looks over to him, and is surprised to see his lively expression back. a slight blush is on his face as he tries to contain his bursting smile.

"let's get each other's numbers!"