Truth and Uno

TW: Mentions of past abuse

Crutchie POV
The papers were signed. It was official. I was now a member of the Holmes-Watson family, although I decided to keep the last name of Morris. Not because I liked my dad, but because it was easier to say and I promised my mom I would always stay a Morris.

Later that day, after the meeting, Elmer helped me move all my (albeit few) things to their house. Rosie helped a lot too, and I soon learned that she was aromantic and asexual. My new room was very cool, with nice blue-tinted-grey colored walls. Once everything had been in order, I just hung out in my room. John and Sherlock said that Elmer was allowed to stay, and from now on was allowed to come at anytime.

"So what are we going to do now?" Elmer asked.

"I was thinking of telling the gang." Elmer looked at me incredulously after I stated this.

"But only like three people know about your dad!"

"I know, but I hate keeping secrets from them. It is all over, I think they should know. Plus I am comfortable with them knowing now." I said determinedly.

"I guess I can't stop you." Elmer said with a sigh. I pulled out my phone and opened up the group chat.

Nobody's POV
Group Name: The Newsiesssss

LittleBrother1: hey everyone

JackBeNimble: heyyyyyyyyyy crutchieeeeeee

WarbyParker: Hello guys

BetsAndRaces: sup

KingOfBrooklyn: yola

LittleBrother1: so i was wondering if i could tell you guys something

LesbianOfDoom: sure

FlirtingMenace: go ahead

LittleBrother1: some of you already know this

LittleBrother1: but i may or may not have had an abusive dad who i later got out of custody of and am now in a new foster home yay

Finch: ...

AlbertoWithoutAShirto: wow

KingOfBrooklyn: why. didnt. you. ever. say. something.

BetsAndRaces: spot, chill its over now

KingOfBrooklyn: i cant just "chill" race i need to beat somebody up

LesbianOfDoom: agreed

LesbianOfDemise: i would like to join you

AlbertoWithoutAShirto: me too

FlirtingMenace: me three

LittleBrother1: and this is why i didnt tell you all

Davey: He has a point, everyone here would get into a fight.

WarbyParker: True

LittleBrother1: but yeah thats really all i wanted to say lol soooooo

LittleBrother1: yeah

KingOfBrooklyn: crutchie you better watch out next time i see you

LittleBrother2: oh no

LittleBrother2: spot is going to aggressively hug you

Crutchie POV
I turned my phone off with a laugh, making sure to silence the group chat.

"You couldn't have just said that out loud?" I asked while snickering.

"You were already texting so I decided to join in." Elmer said with a shrug.

"True. Want to play Uno?" I asked and he nodded excitedly. I got up and went to grab the cards.

"Just warning you I have pretty good luck when it comes to Uno." Elmer said in a bragging tone as I flopped onto my bed again. I laughed.

"Funny, because I have GREAT luck when it comes to Uno." I squinted at him playfully while saying this.

"I guess we will have to figure out who's luck is better." He said, staring right back at me and grabbing the cards. He shuffled them (and i did not know he knew how to shuffle and bridge the cards, which has now been added to my 'why elmer is an awesome boyfriend' list) and then handed me seven cards. I looked at them and immediately smiled mischievously.

"You know you would be awful in poker," Elmer commented as he put down the starting card.

"And why is that?" I asked as he placed his first card.

"You are smiling like a maniac." I put down a WILD card and called out green.

"Wow, how rude of you. And how do you know I am not just tricking you?" He placed a plus two, but I placed one on top of his.

"Because I know you." He drew four and I slapped down a green. The game went on and on for what felt like days, but was probably only two or three hours. But it was also super fun, and Elmer's commentary was hilarious.

"Boom. Let the records show that Charlie Morris has more luck in Uno than Elmer ever did!" I said, triumphantly.

"We need a rematch some time."