- 𝟏𝟑𝟔

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     WHILST THE group trudged through the woods, the foliage became denser. rhaegar was up front with daryl who was instructing him to track the scent as they followed the possible scent of where she could have gone off to. carol was trailing at the back with kelly, looking around. however, rosaline didn't fail to notice that she was probably not specifically surveying the area for the teenage girl they'd lost.

     "lydia would have taken this river downstream." daryl explained, pointing to the flowing water, the hum of the river filling rosaline's ears, "back to our side."

     rosaline turned around noticing how much carol was hesitating to move on, "carol."

     that had also managed to catch daryl's attention, "carol, let's go."

     "you go on, i'll meet you." she insisted.

     instantly, the marksman did not even consider thinking about letting her go, "nope. we all stay together."

     suddenly, rhaegar let out a growl. rosaline's head snapped to where carol was looking, as did her husband's. in the clearing opposite them, there she stood. alpha in her own flesh, watching them. she and carol were having a stand-off before the woman broke into a run after alpha.

     "carol no!" rosaline yelled to her with daryl, beginning to give chase along with everyone else. she was going to get herself killed at this rate.

     "is she crazy?" daryl snapped, catching his breath as much as possible as they ran.

     rosaline took the bow off of her back, getting ready to load an arrow onto it as they followed in pursuit of the two. a few walkers had managed to block their way, to which daryl responded to by shooting them down. it seemed that their path was going to be cut off.

     "daryl there's too many." the brunette warned, sinking her free hand with a knife into the skull of another walker that had been approaching, blood spraying over her palm as she retrieved it.

     he huffed, kicking over one of the undead, "doesn't matter, go and get her ass outta there!"

     everyone followed his instructions, all except for rosaline. she waited for him with rhaegar to follow after, offering a hand out of the ditch. like she always told him, it was them against the world. the group had run into some sort of cave with an overhanging entrance.

     to be cautious, the marksman got out both of his knives, holding them away from his face to either side. rosaline followed right behind him, her knife raised to her shoulder to avoid being taken by surprise.

     "carol." daryl whispered out into the darkness, his voice bouncing off the walls. it was clear that this place was in a tight space.

     as they wandered further, rosaline stopped in her track hearing something crack under them. however, it was too late for her to react as the ground under them had given out, sending the two rolling into an opening. the others from the group had ended up down there too. rhaegar let out a yelp, his nails digging into the rocks as they slid down. he was thrown down along with the rest of them.