08

"devy, you are finally home, how was your first week of work? i feel like i haven't seen you in so long because you're always busy and never have time for me anymore," george pouts.

"that's not true! i do have time for you, i'm just very busy and tired after work," she trails off, "okay maybe you're right. we're spending time together now though."

"i guess," he sighs, "i'm clingy though."

"you are. clingyinnit."

"stop i am not a tommyinnit cosplayer! for the last time."

dev plops down on the couch next to george, getting comfortable. she picks up the ice cream on the coffee table, offering george a spoon. he shakes his head no, devyn shrugging, more for me, she thinks.

george speaks, "tell me about your week then, since i wasn't there." he props his elbows up, looking attentive in a satirical manner. 

"well, it's been pretty boring, but this morning my boss told me i have to plan the office valentine's day party. like, for the whole office. and i'm so fucking nervous because i feel like i'm going to make a bad impression, i mean i took the bar not the party planning exam, so she should not have high expectations. i feel like i'm making a big deal about this," she turns to face george, "am i making a big deal about this?"

"i regret asking how your week was. i forgot you were a rambler," george rolls his eyes. 

"george," she scoffs, "i'm serious!"

"so am i," he taps his chin, thinking. "i think you'll do a great job. you have a good eye and you'll definitely make a good impression, then you can blow them away with your amazing arguing skills."

"there's more to being a lawyer than arguing."

"well, that's your specialty then i guess," george shrugs. he gasps, jumping in his seat excitedly.

"you and alex should do a stream where you guys debate because he's in law school and you're like a lawyer basically, it would be so funny. please, devy. i will literally ask alex right now."

dev runs a hand through her hair, laying her head on george's shoulder.

"i mean, that sounds fun but i'm not sure if i have time. if you can find a time that works for the both of us, i'm down i guess."

"that's poggers. i'm going to text big q right now."

george pulls out his phone, not noticing the drooping head on his shoulder.

"george," dev mutters sleepily.

"yes?" he tries to turn his head to look down at her.

"before i forget," she yawns, inaudibly asking, "willyoucomewithmetothevalentineparty?"

unfortunately, devyn's words are so incomprehensible, that george mishears her. "wait, what did you say?"

too bad tired devyn is sound asleep on his shoulder, unresponsive to his confusion. he looks up at the flat screen playing soundlessly in front of him, illuminating his face.

"did you just ask me to be your valentine?"

silence.

he leans back into the couch. dream's gonna be so pissed when he learns about this, he thinks. i can't even be dream's valentine, how am i supposed to be dev's? and we're just friends? just friends?  maybe i want to be more than friends. does dev want to be more than friends? 

george shakes his head, drowning in his own thoughts. he closes his eyes, hoping to meet his best friend in her dream so he can ask her what she meant by valentine. friend valentine? or valentine? 

𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑚'𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑤𝑖𝑠𝑑𝑜𝑚
YEAH IM A FEW DAYS LATE WHAT ABOUT IT IT COULD SITLL BE VALENTINES DAY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. ITS MY FRIENDS 18TH BIRTHDAY HOW FUNNNN !!!! THANKS FOR 100 READS MY LITTLE POGCHAMPS.  <3 have a GREAT day ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎