Chapter Two

My feet thump against the stairs as I make my way up to my apartment. My body is so drained the voice never left me and I'm so jet-lagged. I struggle with the keys trying to open the door, "Hahaha you can't even survive one day in New York you weren't made for this lifestyle," I freeze letting the keys drop out of my hands and onto the floor, "You're phatic Charlie," I squeeze my eyes shut and shake my head clearing my thoughts.

"She's not real Charlie-Rose it's all in your head," I mumble to myself over and over again as I bend down and pick up my keys this time successfully getting my apartment door open. I take a look around my empty apartment not having the energy like I said I want to start unpacking. I sigh and drag myself to my somewhat of a bedroom. I drop my bag at the doorway of my bedroom before flinging myself down on my air mattress. I lay there for a few seconds before slowly closing my eyes and letting my mind focus on the busy street below me. It feels like seconds has passed when my peace gets ruined by a rude knocking on my door. It wasn't a soft knock no it was a full-on pound I swear to God they're going to break my door down.

I peel myself off my bed and pad my way to the door. I didn't even think to look through the peek hole before I turn the doorknob and swing the door open where I was greeted by a man in a black suit, he looks like he's in at least his late 20s early 30s even. He looks to be around six-foot-three tall which makes him tower over my five-foot-ten size body, "Miss Charlotte-Rose Talken?" His deep voice booms through my empty apartment.

My eyes widen and my palms start to sweat, "Uh, yeah who are you?" I question before he ever so rudely pushes past me walking into my apartment, "What the hell? Get out of my apartment ass," I hiss before little footsteps come in from behind me.

I jump at the feel of little hands wrapping around my leg, "Hello, Charlotte-Rose do you remember me?" I instantly spin around to meet the little boy from earlier today who now has a cheerful smile on his face.

I feel my face start burning with embarrassment, "Hi Lyon," I crouch down to his level, "Who is he?" I kind of whisper to Lyon.

The Giant man behind me sighs, "I'm Lyon's father," he reaches his hand out for me to shake which I politely accept, "Lyon told me about you today and he has requested that you be his new babysitter," I feel my mouth drop.

I stand there in silence my mouth opening and closing. I can't babysit a kid I just moved here plus I don't even have furniture in my apartment yet. I stand there for a bit longer when I come up with a way to get myself out of it, "When would I be babysitting him? Because I work full time," I press my lips together trying not to smile knowing I've gotten myself out of babysitting a little kid.

I watch as Lyon's father adjusts his suit, "From 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm and either I or my brother will come to pick him up," my eyes widen. Fuck I didn't get myself out of it now I'm stuck babysitting a little kid I'm not ready for this! I watch as his eyes travel around my empty apartment, "How long have you been living here?" he asks walking around where my future living room will be.

I clear my throat and shift awkwardly, "I actually just moved here yesterday so I haven't had the chance to settle in and unpack..." I pause looking at him as he pulls out his phone and starts dialing a number. I watch as he steps into somewhat of my bedroom for a couple of minutes leaving me and Lyon standing there awkwardly. After a few minutes, he returned.

"There will be an interior designer here tomorrow, they will bring some design ideas for you to choose from. Pick one and let them do their magic," he takes Lyon's small hand into his massive one, "Say goodbye Lyon," he commands.

Lyon smiles at me, "Goodbye Charlotte-Rose," he reaches his hand out for me.

I take his small hand into mine, "Call me Charlie-Rose since we're friends now," I boop him on the nose making him giggle before nodding his head. He lets go of my hands and grabs onto his dad's hands again as they exit my apartment.