Chapter 1

Curse

They say that a daughter is her father's past lover in the past life, so, it seems like I'm in a curse.

In this modern world where technology is rampant, I've already seen some weird things and have traveled the world and experienced great events.

I'm a grown woman though I admit I'm still quite immature and selfish but isn't that one of human qualities? We tend to pity those who suffered but would never take the initiative to help them get back on their feet unless their family. But even with that, selfishness and greed are very prominent and sometimes hidden in the human body.

I had made mistakes and I'm still doing it but that's what makes us human isn't it? Even the kindest and most intelligent person in the world makes mistakes.

I grew up and still have my flaws, I'm still that selfish and picky person but I grew up.

However, it still does not exempt me from the matter of death. I just didn't know that it would happen to me very early, a quick death that I didn't even felt.

I was at the hospital at that time, I got food poisoning and then I felt my eyelids began to feel heavy and soon, it was black.

...

It was pitch dark at first and when I opened my eyes, I was still at the hospital. My ears rang and I feel hot all over my body. I felt weak and I couldn't move my body and that's when I saw her.

My memories of her were both filled with pain and regret, I averted my eyes since I can't summon the will to look straight at her clear pupils.

Amidst the hardships that she's gone through, her eyes remain clear and pure, unlike mine.

"You're awake, thank goodness" I heard her voice, it was soft and warm like that of a pleasant spring.

I felt my heart thumping so loud I could hear it in my ears, the warmth of her hands and the cold tears slipping down her cheeks to my arm made me froze in fear.

Then I look straight to her eyes, in her tear-filled eyes reflected a child whose face I can only slightly remember. My memories of her were quite fuzzy, it's been year's but I could still hear the scream of agony from him.

"JuJu? Baby are you okay? Doctor! Please, my baby!" She clicked on the bell and nurses and a middle-aged doctor came rushing into the room.

They were busy checking my vitals and talking to me, trying to see if there's something wrong with me when I felt her hands on me.

It was warm.

It wasn't the cold hands, those limp and lifeless hands from before, she was alive.

She's alive and so am I.

That's when my eyes rolled and soon, I closed my eyes and slept, thinking that it was all just a dream and I would wake up.

Soon.

***
First chapter! Yey! Let's celebrate since I also finished my 1st prelim for this week, and there's still a lot more, great.

Anyways, I hope you all like this story! Have a great week everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!