Chapter 18: Peter and Aurora

Bright and early the next morning the trio of men head out to recruit the first of the two mutants they need to break Magneto out of The Pentagon... 

Peter Maximoff.

Logan knocks on the front door with Hank and Charles standing behind him.

"What's he done now." Ms Maximoff sighs as she opens the front door. "I'll just write you a check for whatever he took."

"We just need to talk to him." Logan explains.

"Peter! The cops are here!... again." Ms Maximoff calls out as she lets the three men inside.

As the three walk down into the basement they see the young man running back and forth playing table tennis with himself, well actually all they see is a blur.

"What's do you guys want? I didn't do anything. I've been here all day." The speedster says before suddenly appearing on his couch.

"Just relax, Peter. We're not cops." Logan explains.

"Course you're not cops, if you were cops you wouldn't be driving a rental car." Peter says quickly.

"How'd you know we've got a rental car?" Charles asks looking like an alcoholic 70s rockstar.

"I checked your registration when you were walking through the door. I also had some time to kill so I went through your rental agreement and saw you were from out of town. Are you FBI?" Peter asks before quickly running past the three men grabbing Charles' wallet to look through it. "Nope you're not cops, hey what's with this gifted youngsters place?" Peter says dropping Charles' wallet on the ping pong table before grabbing a popsicle and sitting down on a different couch.

"That's an.. old card." Charles says picking up his wallet.

"Why he's fascinating." Hank marvels.

"He's a pain in the arse." Charles groans.

"What a teleporter?" Hank inquires.

"No he's just fast and when I knew him, he wasn't so young." Logan explains.

"Young? You're just old." Peter says finishing his popsicle

"So you're not afraid to show your powers?" Hank asks.

"Powers? What powers? What are you talking about? Do you see something strange here? Nothing anyone would believe if you told them?" Peter says before running over to his pong arcade game. "So who are you, and what what do you want?"

"We need your help, Peter." Logan explains.

"With what?" Peter questions

"To break into a highly secured facility and to get someone out." Logan continues.

"Prison break? That's illegal you know." Peter smiles not taking his eyes off the machine.

"Uh..." Logan looks around the room at all of Peter's stolen goods. "Well, only if you get caught.

"So, what's in it for me?" Peter asks.

"You, you kleptomaniac, get to break into The Pentagon." Charles answers rubbing his eye.

Peter's eyes widen in excitment as he stops playing pong immediately and turns around to face the three men.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Peter asks now fully interested in what the men have to say.

"Cause we're just like you?" Logan answers.

"Show him." Charles says to Logan who's bone claws extend out of his fist.