05

"""

Furman was all sweaty and tired as she hike up the Mt. Plaridel. She saw a name written on the ground.

LieNerual

She read it aloud and almost went of a scream when she noticed a girl standing in front of her, the girls back was turn on to Furman and she was wearing a yellow checkered dress with half of her hair tied up while the remaining strands are loosed down her shoulders.

"You found me," she said softly. "I thought no one will ever know my story."

Furman was in confusion and worry, realizing she forgot to bring her gun with her. "E-El..Elara?" She asked. "Is that you...?"

The girl heave out a soft laugh. "No." Then sighed. "Oh how I wish," she then turned around to face Furman. "I could be her."

"Lauren?!" "What…what's this? What do you mean?".

Lauren smiled. "Detective?" She questioned. "That title doesn't look good on you, I thought you figured it out."

"Okay…don't tell me it was-"

"Me? Yes. Surprised? Well, be impressed! I have worked hard to get all the letters to places, I copied her hand writing successfully! And even made you believe that it was all an evidence!" She continued. "How great of me."

"Why?!" Furman replied. When Neil approached them. "Lauren, please!" He begged. But she waved him dismissively.

"Good question."

"You don't have to do this!" Neil insisted.

"Tell what? That she broke up with you because of me? That I tried to choke her on her sleep? That I was a fake friend? That she found out you knew? And that we went all the way here, just for me to successfully push her down the cliff?"

Furman was horrified. "You what?"

"I wasn't happy about everything, but I was glad that I no longer have to deal with everything. Until…you arrived in our lives and messed up my plans...our plans with Neil. You should've just focused on that wedding incident!" She continued. " But obviously you waltz in where money is."

____

"Oh." Was all that come off her mouth. She was shocked. Shocked to learn everything her best friend just told her. As she was trying to let the new information sink in, tears keep streaming down her face.

She shouted in rage. With her fist hard clenched. "YOU TRAITORS!"

Lauren and Neil looked at her in confused expressions, as if she was able to quickly understand everything.

"I thought, that if I pretended to be Detective Camille Furman, I could easily get out the words in your mouths without getting hurt. But this?! I never expected this."

"Y-you're alive?" Neil asked shocked.

"Yes, I survived the fall. My nose broke, my face was unrecognizable, it was a gruesome fall. When sheriff found me down there, he saved me. Brought me to the hospital, and the doctors told me I can't have my face back, so obviously I should undergo plastic surgery. I told him everything, everything! And he promised to help me because I lack evidence! So, in a way, the real Camille Furman helped me, but she was actually the one handling this case. I was just a front, and obviously, you both were good actors." She clapped her hands. "So it wasn't easy."

Lauren swallowed worriedly, and she was breathing hard. While Neil, just stared into an empty space.

"I thought you were my friends? Neil, you can't be my lover, I thought you would be a great and honest friend."

"Obviously not".

____

The sheriff and the cops arrested them. They were both pleaded guilty and will be sentenced to jail for thirty years in separate cells.

THE END.

"""