* Chapter Twenty *

[Tommys POV]

I woke up and looked around... I was the only one awake. I slowly got up and moved past the others, The only thing left of the fire was the bright orange embers which were still providing us with warmth. I turned to get more firewood when I heard a squeal from the forest... I looked behind me to make sure the others were still asleep before searching for the thing that made the noise...
I had walked deep into the forest and was about to leave when I heard it again, a blood curdling squeal of pain... It wasn't far, just behind the tree to my right. I walked over to the noise and saw a skeleton with a bow, it was launching arrows into a dog which was stuck and screaming for help. I used the sword that i was using as a walking stick and held onto the tree for support, I threw the sword as fast as i could into the skeleton causing it to fall to the ground and break into small pieces. I dropped to my knees and took the sword from the pile of bones.
I turned to see a petrified dog, bleeding and crying... He was white and had very light grey patches, his fur was red where the arrow was lodged in his side... he was clearly a puppy.
I scooted over to him and rubbed the top of his head, I needed to calm him before i could take the arrow out.
It took a while but once he had calmed down I grabbed the arrow and softly pulled it out trying to prevent the pain from getting worse, he cried and bared his teeth but once I got it out he was calm again. The blood was slowing down now but he still had a large cut in his side, so i ripped off a long strip from Techno's cape and wrapped it around him.
"That should help you little guy!" I said while softly picking him up onto my lap. He cuddled into my chest and started to lick my cheek which made me giggle. "Please my friend! Have a bone!", I reached over to the pile of bones on the floor and tried to pull one out. Before i gave him the bone he jumped on my chest and started to lick my face.
"Hey!" I laughed turning my head from side to side, "Stop that!" I handed him the bone and he jumped from my lap while starting to chew on it. I watched him for a while until i remembered the others must be awake by now...
"SHIT!" I stabbed the sword into the ground and lifted myself up while the dog stared at me in confusion, "I'm sorry! I um... I have to go, Be safe!" I weakly walked through the snow filled forest until i got to the hill.

"TOMMY!" all of them ran down the hill towards me
"Where were you!?" Quackity asked, i looked at all of their faces and saw worry fill their eyes

"I um..." I looked behind me thinking of a good excuse for why I ran off before looking back, "um... I-I went to get some fire wood! Yep fire wood!" I smiled slightly while rubbing the back of my neck

"Then where is the firewood?" Sam asked clearly not believing me

My eyes widened and i felt sweat dripping from my head despite how cold it was. "I dropped it... I'm weak... I know that now..." I looked down as if i were sad, then i heard someone sigh

"You need to stop running off by yourself Tommy... But that doesn't matter right now... We have to get going!" Fundy said while turning. One by one everyone slowly trudged through the snow, I was trailing behind Wilbur. 

I was walking and I felt the cold brush past my hair... then i felt a tug on my cape pulling me to the ground, I turned quickly only to see the small puppy that I had saved not long ago...
"YOU!? What are you doing here?!" I whisper shouted... He tilted his head to the side and let one ear flop down which made me giggle slightly

"Tommy? what are you doing?" Sam asked, causing everyone to look in my direction

"NOTHING!! I just um..." I stabbed my sword into the ground and lifted myself up... "fell", I gave a weak smile as they all turned and started walking again. I looked down at the dog and rolled my eyes before walking again, I heard snow moving behind me... The dog is following me again...
I bent over slightly and turned him around pushing him in the direction of the forest. He can't follow me, it's too dangerous...