Broken hearts - Alex Albon

It has been a few weeks since you broke up with Alex Albon. It was your call, but now you couldn't let him go. You stalked him on social media, he was on your mind all the time, and you had no idea why. It was your call, so why was it so hard to let him go?

It was just before the new season started. You were now on the grid, as you worked McLaren. It wasn't going to be easy. Lando Norris was good friends with Alex, and you had to work closely with Lando for the social media content you were working on. You were for sure going to run into Alex, but you weren't ready for it.

'Alright, so first I wanted to film a video of you and Carlos answering some questions for fans. It's going to be for Instagram and YouTube,' you explained to Lando as you walked to the location where you were going to film the video.

'Alright. Can I ask you something, not work-related?' Lando asked slowly.

'Sure. What is it?'

'You, and Alex. What happened? He doesn't want to talk about it.'

You took a breath. You really broke Alex his heart... 'If he doesn't want to talk about it, then he wants to keep it to himself. He's your friend. If he doesn't want to share it, it's not my call to do it.'

Lando sighed. 'He changed, you know. I know it's not what you want to hear, but he has. I just wish I could help him.'

You looked at Lando. 'Give him some time. He will talk to you eventually.'

'Y/N! Lando! Are we ready?'

You looked behind you and saw Carlos Sainz making his way towards you.

'Almost,' you said as you set up the camera, and explained to Carlos what the plan was.

You sat outside of the motorhome, enjoying the sun. The whole day you had been busy, keeping your mind from thinking. But now that the day was done, your thoughts drifted off. You thought of his lips on yours, how much you missed his arms around you, him being there if you needed someone to talk to. But that was all gone now. You had this rubber band on your wrist that you were snapping everything you thought of him. You almost break it, every time you're trying to forget him. It sucks that when you have something good, you don't realise it until it's gone.

'New habit?' You looked up and saw Alex standing in front of you.

'Alex, hi. H-How are you?'

'Alright. You?'

'Yeah, same.'

Alex sat down next to you. 'Look, I know you probably don't want to see me, but I needed to talk to you. I need to know why you broke up with me. Because I didn't see it coming. I didn't realise you fell out of love with me. It's just so hard to understand.'

'I didn't fell out of love with you,' you mumbled.

'Then what is it?'

You started snapping the rubber band on your wrist again. 'You wanted a promise. You wanted a future. I never had this with anyone. Nobody ever cared for me in that way, and I guess I wasn't ready. I never knew what I had until I lost it.'

'You got scared and ran away?'

'Yeah, that sums it up quite well.'

Alex laid his hand on your wrist, keeping you from snapping the rubber band. 'Do you regret it?'

'Yes.' You said it without thinking about it. You looked at Alex. 'I'm sorry for what I did, I really am sorry, Alex.

'It's alright,' he slowly said.

Your eyes met. Before you knew it, his lips were touching yours. You wanted to push him away so bad, but you missed this. It felt right.

Alex slowly pulled back, and he looked at you. 'I want to try this again if you want. You don't have to run away. If there is something, you can talk to me. I'm here for that. For the good and the bad stuff.'

'Okay. Let's try it again. I won't run away again.'

'Good. Now, what is up with the rubber band? I've seen you snapping it all day.'

You couldn't help but laugh. 'Well, I snap it everything I think about your lips. I needed a distraction.'

Alex took the band off your wrist. 'Now you don't have to do that anymore.'