My Valentine

Nick's POV

I gaze down at the love I have nestled in my arms. She's my light. My happiness. My forever. I couldn't be happier in this moment.

She stirs in my arms, rolling slightly before cracking open her eyes. Her cheek rubs against my chest adorably as she starts to wake up. Peering up at me, she smiles softly when she sees me awake.

"Morning, baby." I tilt her chin up, placing my lips against hers in a chaste kiss. But as soon as I go to deepen it, Spencer's eyes widen and she shoots up, scrambling to the bathroom.

I wince, hearing her void the contents of her stomach, coughing and sputtering. I jump out of bed and pad over to her. Gathering her hair to hold away from her face while rubbing her back.

This pregnancy has really kicked her ass. We were so happy when we found out she was pregnant again. Our little princess, Octavia or Ava for short, was born two years ago. I'm not sure I've never cried so much in my life but staring down at that beautiful baby that I helped create, was indescribable. Watching the pain Spencer had to go through just to bring her into this world, made my love and admiration for her grow even more. She did it all naturally and screamed every cuss word she knew at me, but once Ava slid from her on the last push, she forgot all the pain, becoming present in the moment as Octavia was placed on her chest.

'I didn't mean what I said.' She had looked up at me, tears streaking down her face from her emotions running high. 'I would never want to chop your dick off and shove it down your throat.' I remember laughing. Her threats were pretty imaginative when she was going through the worst of the pain. I had leaned down, kissing her softly and ensuring that I knew she didn't mean any of what she said.

Spencer gave me something I never thought I would have after my divorce, a family. Jayden was overjoyed, meeting his baby sister. He helps me and Spence in caring for her. Ava wasn't exactly fun until she started crawling and walking, but he was content to just sit on the couch and help hold her. He is the best big brother.

He's turning six soon. Spencer and I have the whole party planned out with his friends from school coming. There will be a slip and slide and bounce houses and pretty much anything a six-year-old would like. He deserves the world. He is so excited for the newest additions to arrive.

Yes, additions. Spencer is pregnant with twins, a boy and a girl. We were shocked. But hey, that's two steps closer to the five kids I said we would have. Unfortunately, with this pregnancy, Spencer's morning sickness has been awful. She's in the second trimester but it hasn't died down yet. The doctor said she might have hyperemesis gravidarum. Basically, just severe morning sickness that doesn't go away. However, it can be dangerous as you can't keep anything down. You can become dehydrated and lose weight. Luckily, Spencer has a milder form. She has periods in the evening where she feels better and can keep things down. But between the time she wakes up until about 5 pm, she is down for the count.

"Sorry." She grumbles, hefting herself up before going to wash her mouth out.

"Baby, stop apologizing. You have nothing to be sorry for. I just wish I could make you better." It has been so hard for me to watch her go through this. I have to stand there helplessly wishing I could take away all her problems. I do everything I can to make her rest, but I still feel bad watching her feel this crappy. Still, she wouldn't give it up for anything. She loves being pregnant. Feeling the babies move inside her and watching their growth.

"Come on," I lead her back to bed, "You rest. I will go get your meds and some ginger ale and crackers if you can manage it." I tuck her back under the covers, kissing her clammy forehead before heading downstairs.