» 152 «

"You have something of mine; I'd like it back." Draco's voice visibly startled me; it was probably the last thing I expected to hear when we noticed Harry was talking to someone.

We were stood behind one of the many piles of things in the room of requirement, deciding to see how the scene played out before barging into it.

That was before we noticed it was Draco, at least.

Probably fearing I'd run right out in the open as soon as I heard his voice, Hermione rested a hand on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile that I returned.

She had always been the one judging me the least. And I'd always appreciate that.

"What's wrong with the one you have?" My brother retorted, and while I assumed they were talking about his wand, I wasn't 100% certain.

"It's my mothers—" Draco trailed off. I was 100% certain now. "It's powerful, but it's—" He began, searching for the right words. "Not the same. Doesn't quite understand me. 'Know what I mean?"

His words reminded me of that night in his room in the manor, and the way we had talked about his mother's wand, then. The memory might've brought a smile to my face if the situation wasn't so tense.

"Why didn't you tell her?" Harry suddenly asked, ignoring Draco's words completely and making me furrow my brows. Tell who what? "To Bellatrix... You know it was me. Why didn't you say anything?"

An uneasy silence followed my brother's words, and all I could hear was a second voice mumbling something that was incoherent to me from the distance.

Blaise and Goyle. Of course, how could I forget about them?

"We should probably—" I urged, nodding towards them as the tension threatened to explode right in our faces. My words were all it took to have them move, and I heard Hermione shout an "Expelliarmus," before I even turned the corner.

"Try not to kill my boyfriend, will you?" I shouted over the noise of spells flying back and forth as they shattered various objects around us. Draco already nowhere to be seen.

Just as the words left my mouth, I heard Goyle yell a loud "Avada Kedavra!" right at Hermione.

"Stupefy!" I sent back, Hermione quick enough to block the curse he had hurled her way before he ran off; Ron right on his tail.

I raised my brows in pleasant surprise as he called her his girlfriend, and a wide smile spread across her face as she shrugged. Though, before she could say anything, Harry trying to climb one of the piles caught her attention.

"What are we even here for?" I wondered out loud, watching both Harry and Hermione trying to make their way up to the top of it. It's not like a third person trying their luck would help anything; so I decided I might as well just stayed down here.

"I found Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem," Harry muttered, more concentrated on not falling rather than answering my question.

"And you think it's a Horcrux?"

"I know so— got it!"

But instead of celebrating the victory of holding a Horcrux in his hand, his attention was quickly called onto Ron's vigorous screaming that seemed to get closer quite quickly.

"Goyle set the bloody place on fire!" He screamed as soon as he noticed us, and my eyes widened at the orange light cast on parts of the room behind him.

"Where's Draco?" I asked as soon as the fire rounded the corner, panic flaring up in my voice. Soon enough, I was looking right into that burning serpents mouth.