CHAPTER 10

It's been eighty-four years...........

Just kidding.

It's been four years since I was reborn. I actually turned four three weeks ago.

I've learned quite a few things in this time period. And first of all, the name of this country that I'm currently in is not Oreo.

It's called "The Empire of Orion"

*dun* *dun* *dun*

Honestly, it was quite a bummer.

I would've liked it if it was called Oreo. Guess it's just me and my delusional desire to eat Oreos.

Oh......how I miss them.

I'm not into sweet stuff. But Oreos will always have a special recognition in my heart.

One more notable thing that happened is that I received some disappointing news.

In a world filled with magic and magical creatures.

I . Can't. Do. Magic.

The evaluation was a bust. And I was utterly humiliated in front of everyone.

The orb used to measure the mana capacity barely flicked once before shutting down. And it was during my very first visit to the capital.

The damn thing flickered!!

On that day, my pride was hurt.

I remember reading somewhere the words 'Conceit is God's gift to little men.'

I couldn't stop thinking about it the entire way back home.

Thanks to that, I learned a valuable lesson about life.

Since I have memories of my previous life, I thought I was special. That I would have some perks in this magical world.

Anyway, I was messed up after the evaluation. Thinking about life can drain a lot of energy.

It devastated me to the point that I fell sick.

My body was burning up like it was on fire. I couldn't get up or even lift a finger for almost a week.

My family was so worried that they wouldn't leave me alone for even a second. I had to get back on my feet to kick them out of my room.

The most tragic part of the entire ordeal is that I don't have even an ounce of mana. It was obvious by how the orb reacted.

Mana is the essence of magic.

It is like fuel to a truck that keeps it running. And I've been running on fumes.

I have just the right amount of mana that is required to keep me alive and functioning.

If it gets any lower than that, it's bye-bye Oreo............ or Orion. Or whatever. I don't care anymore.

Tch.......I was looking forward to doing some hocus pocus stuff. Guess all that went down the drain.

But...........

snakes and stones never broke my bones.

I have started swordsmanship training under my grandmother's guidance. And guess what...... 

I'm a pro.

Magic isn't the only thing in the world. There are tons of other fun and cool stuff.

Children tend to move on and quickly forget things compared to adults. Maybe that's why I was swiftly able to move on to the next thing.

I mean......I'm a child too.

I achieved enlightenment when I was sick in bed. When the body shuts down, the mind becomes active.

I have achieved nirvana.....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Like hell I did!

Although it was not as much as I was at first, I'm still pissed about the mana tank in me being dead.

Move on. I have moved on.

I've already conquered agility training and mastered climbing.

It wasn't easy but it was worth the effort. Because ever since that, I've been swiping every last bit of Clive's cookies from right under his nose. Now he believes that a cookie dwarf lives in our house.

As I said. It was worth it.

Moving on to recent news, the most trending topic in the Ashford estate is my mom's upcoming tea party.

My mom has been meticulously preparing for it for two weeks. It's with a bunch of her friends and most probably their kids, which means it's a playdate for me and my brother.

Most probably for me.

No. Definitely for me.

As far as I know, four of the kids are Clive's age and one being my age. This includes my cousins Tristan and Elliot.

So excluding those two idiots, it'll be my first time meeting the rest of the gang.

Ugh......

It's not like I'm bad with kids. I'm actually fond of playing with them. But it's an entirely different story if they are anything like the brats I'm about to see soon.

God.... I need to brace myself.

The party is today. Mom has been looking forward to this gathering.

I don't want anything disrupting it. So I promised to be on my best behavior.

But you've just gotta do god's work huh......