𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕

L' Etoile ━

act one: chapter five

STARGAZING

THE STARS SHONE BRIGHTLY IN THE SKY, along with the crescent moon apparent and not hidden amid the clouds, unlike most of the days

THE STARS SHONE BRIGHTLY IN THE SKY, along with the crescent moon apparent and not hidden amid the clouds, unlike most of the days. Amelia sat under the midnight sky, well, almost midnight as it was thirty-three minutes left for her midnight class. She stared at the glittery sky while thinking of nothing in particular, just her day along with her friends.

She suddenly heard the shifting of feet behind her and she was completely startled knowing nobody would leave their short nap for the night to come to class half an hour early.

She turned around and saw the familiar face of a marauder, with luscious black hair he prided himself on, and drops of sweat on his forehead, as he had ran a bit but Amelia didn't notice it due to the dim light.

Sirius Black stood there and sent Amelia a small wave and replied with a 'I woke up earlier so decided to come' when he was inquired, to which when asked, Amelia answered the same.

What she didn't know was that in his pocket of the black pants he wore, there was a blank parchment safely placed. Now, it wasn't a normal parchment of course, it was magical, with magic done by the mischievous marauders themselves.

Sirius had actually woken up thirty minutes prior to the class so he could get ready for class and also be there to accompany Amelia. He had convinced himself he felt the need to do this because of the decreased amount of time they spent together, but what he hadn't realised was how much he liked her and not just as a friend.

Once he had seen Amelia was already at the tower, that too alone, he decided to go on his way to class immediately, which was a first. Now, he sat beside her and they had exactly twenty-six minutes before the students walked in to the tower to have their lesson for the day, or night.

But with as peaceful as it was for the two, with just sitting there together and talking softly, it felt like they had all the time in the world. Amelia didn't know why she suddenly felt that and blamed it on the lack of sleep.

"That's Draco, right?"

"Yes, you're almost close," Amelia started as she moved Sirius' hand from where he pointed to about two feet away and continued, "There, yeah. Now you're right."

Sirius knew every constellation but did this subconsciously to be closer to Amelia, which she completely missed yet still had moved closer to him. He broke the comfortable silence after a bit, "You're staring really hard- and not talking, what are you thinking?"

"The stars. They look pretty," she started and then spoke out the words to a muggle rhyme her father sang to her, "They are above in the world so high, like diamonds in the sky."