20~ The Ultimatum

Taeyong and Aera went back to Aera's room.

He tucked her in bed and sat by her side until she fell asleep. He ensured her that he will not let anything happen to her. Aera fell asleep while holding Taeyong's hand firmly. Slowly Taeyong pulled back his hand, trying not to wake the younger girl up. He pulled the duvet till her chin and lovingly caressed her hair. After a few minutes, he silently got up and left her room.

Getting out, Taeyong came across Mark. "Urgent meeting, NOW. I want everyone in my room in an hour. Let the members know." Taeyong instructed Mark as he nodded back in response.

~TIME SKIP~

Everyone gathered in Taeyong's study room. The members seated themselves at the conference table. Some were still half asleep while some clearly had no idea why the leader called them for a meeting in middle of the night. It must be something really important. As the leader saw everyone seated in their seats he got up and cleared his throat to gain attention as he began speaking. Everyone's ears perked up as they saw the leader about to speak.

Taeyong addressed the members, "Sorry for disturbing your sleep but please it is very important." All 22 members sat up straight as he continued speaking, "The reason for this urgently held meeting is because we received an ultimatum." Murmurs burst into the room. Kun shut them down and asked, "Ultimatum? What are you talking about Taeyong?" Johnny chimed in too, "And who is so stupid to send an ultimatum to the toughest gang in neo city?" Taeyong continued, "Well it was more of an indirect ultimatum."

Everybody had confusion written all over their faces. Mark decided to speak up, "Hyung we are not catching up. Can you explain?"

Taeyong nodded and left a breath he was unknowingly holding as he started speaking again, "It's Aera." Their ears perked up at her name. "What do you mean by Aera?" Taeil questioned the leader. He continued, "Aera received a text message from an unknown number. It was to threaten her." Taeyong turned around to switch on the projector as it displayed the message the Aera received.

UNKNOWN :
I see you're hiding yourself. Don't worry, it won't take long to get my hands on you. Send my regards to the great leader of NCT, Taeyong. Let's hope we meet soon. :)

The members carefully read the message. Jaehyun decided to speak up, his eyes still on the screen, "They know. They know that she's with us. Orelse they wouldn't have mentioned Taeyong. They must have searched for Aera everywhere, when they did not find her, they knew she is with us. That's how they figured it out." The members nodded in agreement.

Taeyong spoke up again, "I want the hackers team to find the details of the number including its current location. No one will leave Aera alone in the mansion. Tighten the security around the mansion and turn on the heat radar detectors. We cannot make any mistake as it can cost us Aera. The newer trainees, Shotaro and Sungchan, your training will be taken a level up. I want everyone to start their trainings. Strict schedule will be followed and no one, I repeat no one will remove their trackers off their bodies. Am I clear?"

The members nodded in unison. "We should giver her some basic self defense training. I am pretty sure she can handle it well. I mean based on the way she bit Lucas and punched Mark she can definitely do good with some self defense techniques," Jaehyun suggested. "I think that's a great idea," Johnny commented. "Besides she stays in a gang house. She should at least stay prepared for an uncalled event," Ten retorted.

"Okay then. I want Mark, Johnny and Jaehyun to teach her and polish some of her skills. Ten and Renjun work on finding the number and plan out a strategy, Jungwoo and Hendery will work on updating the security systems and heat radars. WayV will deal with the pending consignment. As for the dream team, You will not leave Aera alone. I want minimum 2 people all the time with Aera. Also Mark wake her up at 5 in the morning for the training. That's it. You all can return back."

One by one the members started leaving. Once everyone left Jaehyun walked to Taeyong and spoke, "You haven't spoken to them about it yet?" Taeyong no and said, "I haven't. I am planning on do it soon." Jaehyun nodded in understanding and spoke again, "Well ok then but you know right you will have to tell them someday? Just take it easy and don't push yourself," and left the leader alone.

IN THE MEANWHILE~

"Plans are being made. An ultimatum was received on her phone."

"Hmm, keep an eye. and keep giving me the details."

A/N: Kinda short chapter

How are you liking the story by far? Please let me know. 😊