Chapter 22 - Sorry Cards.

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 22 - It All Goes Downhill Again -
Warnings: Kidnapping.
Third Person POV

Cards had been right about Stage refusing to leave her side, for a while at least.

It's been a few weeks, and Stage is still freaked out about what happened with her and Smokes.

Rightfully so.

Cards didn't mind this. She loved spending time with her best friend and it was better if she could keep an eye on her.

But that didn't stop them from running into trouble with the Harlem leaders.

They were having so many problems with them that all of the drifters were split among boroughs.

Cards sent some of the drifters to the Bronx, Richmond, and even a few to Woodside and Brooklyn.

Stage and Cards stayed in Manhattan.

Stage wanted everything to go back to normal, though she was making a huge mistake right now.

Walking alone in New York City at night was never a good idea, especially not when you were Stage and in the start of a Borough War.

She had needed some air, to get away from everyone, so she snuck out when everyone wasn't looking.

She knew that if someone found out, Cards would be really mad, since Cards wasn't even in Manhattan.

She didn't realize how much trouble she would get in.

Stage backed up, eventually hitting a wall.

She clung to the stick in her hands.

Zip stopped in his tracks. "Stage. Please put the stick down, sweetheart."

Stage shook her head, her eyes squeezed closed.

"Stage," She could hear Zip start to get angry. "If you don't put the stick down, I'll send someone to hurt Cards."

"Don't." She squeaks, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Stage, sweetheart," Zip starts, slowly inching towards her.

"Don't call her that." A voice from the entrance of the alley snarls. Their voice was very familiar to Stage.

She couldn't figure out if it was familiar in a good or a bad way.

Zip turns around, scowling. "And who are you to tell me, a leader, what to do?"

"One of her good friends, who isn't going to let you do something to her and Cards." The voice responds, their arms crossed.

Stage's vision was clouded with tears. She couldn't see anything, and her eyes burned. Her head hurt from crying, and she needed water and a hug from Cards.

She could feel Zip's intense glare on her, causing her to want to shrink into the ground and disappear.

"I suggest you get out of here before I soak you," The voice threatens.