sadness

TW ~ Depressive Thoughs, Fighting, Gore and Blood, Hospital

Tommy's POV:

Tommy woke up, yet again, in the same hospital room.

Because somehow, life always finds a way to hurt him, force him to face his fears every single time, and most of the time it isn't even his fault.

Although maybe, maybe this time it was his fault.

He was the one that said he wanted nothing to do with Techno's family. Why was he such a terrible person? What did Techno ever do to him?

But a part of him couldn't help but feel hurt. Tommy looked around the room, his left eye stung, and he couldn't open it. Trying to ignore the immense pain he felt in his eye and shoulder, he noticed someone. Tommy squinted his eyes at Dream, who was sitting right next to him.

"Dream" Tommy whispered, shaking the sleeping King with the hand that wasn't bandaged up.

"Wha- huh... Tommy?" he mumbled groggily, before snapping his head towards the boy.

"Dream" Tommy whispered again.

"Oh my gosh you're awake, its been four days I was so worried," Dream said excitedly, but Tommy didn't care.

"Dream"

"What's wrong?" Dream asked worriedly, his fingers playing around with Tommy's hair.

Tommy pushed his arm away, and Dream froze.

"Tommy what's wrong?" he repeated, but Tommy turned around in the bed, facing away from Dream.

"What did I do, Tommy?" Dream asked worried.

"Go away" Tommy muttered, not meaning a word that came out of his mouth. He was on autopilot now, not exactly sure why.

"Tommy, what's wrong?" Dream asked, not moving an inch. Tommy started to feel frustrated, why wasn't he leaving?

"Can you go? I don't want you here"

"Tommy, I-" Dream started, before Tommy snapped. He sat up in the hospital bed and glared at Dream.

"Don't you get it? I want you to LEAVE" he shouted.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me why, bud" Dream reasoned, but he held his breath when he saw the tears pool up in his little brother's eyes.

"Don't you get it Dream? No, of course, you don't, do you know how much it hurts, Dream?" Tommy cried, visibly shaking from anger.

"What hurts, your eye, your arm? Did the doctors miss something, what-" Dream panicked, but was cut off once again.

"No Dream, NO! I mean don't you know how much it hurts me, that every single person I ever thought to trust, always finds a way to hurt me? Do you know how long the list is Dream? Do you? Cause I. Sure. Do. Sapnap. Phil. Tubbo,. Niki. Techno. Wilbur. Jack..."

Dream froze at the sudden outburst, and Tommy let out a shaky breath. He narrowed his one working eye at Dream, bringing his voice to something below a whisper.

"Who's to say you won't hurt me too?" Tommy turned away from Dream, not wanting to see how he'd react. He wiped a tear and laid down on the mildly uncomfortable bed.

Dream wanted to say something, but he couldn't. He was at a loss for words. But right as he finally thought of a response, Tommy mumbled something, something he regretted the second he said it.

"It's not like you haven't already."

***

Tommy stared out the window for nearly three hours, waiting for Dream to leave.