1. I'll look out for her

―Theo ―

Theo

TWO YEARS LATER

"ELI HURRY THE fuck up in the shower."

"Can I go one goddamn day without your whining?!"

The irritable arguing of my brothers could be heard even after pushing a pillow over my head. It was the morning of the first day of school for the twins and I still couldn't catch a couple more minutes of sleep.

I sighed heavily, I might as well get up. Those two would rip each other's heads off soon and I still needed to make breakfast for four children who ate with endless stomachs.

I rubbed my eyes, quickly running to the coffee machine before anything else.

God knows I need it because Jules will be calling me to save his ass from being whooped by Elias when he gets out of the shower.

I grabbed the milk and eggs out of the fridge, turning on the stove to make pancakes and eggs. The sun's light streamed through the windows and for once the Toronto weather made sense.

I glanced at the clock and cursed. I had to get dressed for work and I couldn't afford to be late, especially since it was the first day of school for the twins and Rey.

Just as I placed the eggs on a plate, Jules came running down the stairs, tripping on the way down but scrambling up as he made his way towards me wearing a terrified expression on his face. Elias was behind him wearing his practice jersey, his hair still wet from his shower but that didn't deter him from his destructive path towards Jules, who was now cowering behind me.

"Stop hiding behind Theo you annoying brat. You dug your own grave this morning", Elias fumed.

"Well I don't know if you realized but some of us need the bathroom too. It's not my fault that I want to finish before Rey and Riley wake up. Those two take forever," Jules argued.

Before the two could continue their bickering I interrupted. "Enough! Could you two just eat your breakfast in silence? Jules, you have ten minutes to get ready for school. Please tell me Riley is at least awake?"

Jules gives me a deadpan look as if the idea was impossible. "My alarm woke her up this morning. You wanna what she did? She threw her math textbook at me. So no I did not wake her up."

I could already feel a headache making its way in.

"Riley! C'mon wake up. You can sleep in the car ride," I yelled.

When the only response I got was a tired groan, Elias stood up, finishing breakfast as he gave me a devilish smile. "Don't worry, I'll go wake our dearest sister up."

I didn't even bother sending him a warning look. For once, I needed everyone to actually be on time in the morning so they wouldn't get to school late, get detention, and then I would have to get a call to be lectured by the principal on my lack of responsibility.