[69]

Mumbled yet thunderous footsteps and shouts sounded from outside, stirring the girl awake

She groaned quietly, complaining about the noise. Yet the more she gained consciousness, the more she felt like something was wrong.

Soomin threw the blanket off of her body, dressed in one of Donghyuck's comfortable t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants, and sat up in the bed. Her bare feet stepped onto the floor, and now with a little more urgency, she tip-toed over to the door.

Upon opening it, the noise immediately intensified and looking down the hallway, she noticed the figure running at her frantically.

"Soomin!" He called out, soon getting to her.

"Kun?"
"The police, they're pulling up! We gotta go right now!"

The girl's face immediately went pale, a look of pure shock appearing on her features. But she knew she didn't have time to even think about how and when, all that mattered was getting everybody out of the house.

Without hesitation, Soomin threw herself at the opposite door, forcing awake the two boys inside who were still peacefully sleeping.

"GET UP, QUICK! WE GOTTA GO!" She yelled out desperately, making them both jump.

"What?" Jisung asked, rubbing his eyes disoriented.

"THE POLICE ARE HERE!" 

That sentence alone worked like a slap in the face, because in the next few seconds, the boys were already on their feet and running towards the door.

"Quickly, through the window." Chenle ushered, pointing towards the window right beside them.

But before any of them could really do anything, they heard the loud bang coming from the front of the house. In a matter of seconds, dozens of fully armed police officers swarmed the hallway, immediately grabbing Kun and pinning him face-down to the ground.

"She's here!" One yelled out, pointing towards the end of the hallway where Soomin stood.

"Catch the two guys with her, quick!" Another yelled out, before they all ran straight at them.

"The mission was a success. But the chief believes that many of the perpetrators escaped. Yes, we have people looking for them right now."

Soomin was breathing heavily, eyes darting all around the place. 

In front of the mansion were situated at least 10 cop cars, an ambulance and a couple of dark SUVs. Men in uniforms, and some in dark suits were roaming around, most of them already digging into everything they could find within the house. 

The girl turned her head, desperately staring at where she saw Chenle, Jisung and Kun handcuffed beside a police van, all pinned to the ground with their faces in the mud. She could see the fear in their faces: this could be the end for them.

Because of her.

"SOOMIN!"

She turned her head to find the person she wanted to see least running at her.

The police officer that had led her out let go of her, allowing her to be hugged by his huge arms. Soomin tried to force him back, but he pressed her against his chest to the point that she couldn't breathe.

"Oh my god Soomin, thank god you're alright. What have these animals done to you?!" The man called out dramatically, as he usually would.

"Shin Sunwoo." She growled out, using her entire force to push herself away from him.

The rage on Soomin's face was indescribable, glaring eyes scanning over her fiancée, as well as Jung Woojin, a good friend of his,  who was standing right beside him with a smirk on his lips.

Sunwoo's charming smile flickered slightly, but it didn't fall whatsoever. "Soomin? Are you okay? You're safe now, don't worry! Your dad will be so happy to see you alive and well!"

Soomin scoffed, looking away as her tongue pocked into her cheek in anger. As she did so, she noticed the thrashing individual who was being harshly taken out of the mansion.

Her face completely dropped, eyes widening.

'He's been caught.'

"HYUCK!" Soomin yelled out, almost choking on her words.

The boy turned his head, the two making eye contact.

"Min..." He mumbled in disbelief, before the rage came. "Let me go!"

Donghyuck kicked back, getting the officer right in between the legs. He then looked back up, starting to run towards Soomin desperately, as she did the same.

But the girl was stopped as a hand snatched her wrist, yanking her back before the other arm grabbed her waist. She fought with all her might, grunting and squirming but couldn't battle him off.

This clearly angered Donghyuck even further, who went into a frenzy as he saw Sunwoo holding her like that. But before he could even reach the pair, a fist was brutally disposed into his cheek, forcing him to nosedive into the ground.

"Donghyuck!" Soomin yelled out in horror, thrashing even harder against Sunwoo, but she just couldn't break free.

"He deserved this, the bastard." Woojin spat out, rolling his wrist after dealing the attack.

"Jung Woojin." Donghyuck grumbled in angst, looking up with pure hatred in his eyes.

"Police? What the hell are you guys doing? Come arrest him!" Woojin ordered in a commanding tone, 2 police officers immediately rushing over and grabbing Donghyuck up.

Soomin kept desperately calling after him, yet her efforts were silenced as a hand slid around her mouth.

"Shut your pretty little mouth or we're going to have issues." Sunwoo whispered into her ear, having come so near her that it sent a shiver down the girl's spine. 

She did everything- tried to kick him, bite him, do anything that she can to go and try to prove everyone's innocence to the police.

But she couldn't.

It was over.