chapter 28

(Y/N) POV

I open my eyes still feeling dazed from the days before.

After Katsuki brought me to Recovery girl the adrenaline was already wearing off and I could feel the effects of it and the damaging state my body was actually in.

But it didn't matter nothing matter at that moment I was to in shock to even think about something that actually matter. My mind was too fuzzy to complete a full thought. And everyone around me was just a blur and muffled. I couldn't make anything out, nothing at all.

Well except one thing. I saw my father being carried out on a stretcher and onto an ambulance. When did an ambulance get here? I didn't even hear the sirens as they pulled up.

And I looked around and saw five different blurry cop cars posted around. Some of them talking to the pro-heros others coming in and out from the house and some talking to the near by neighbors. I was so out of it I didn't even notice the two cops talking to Recovery girl right beside me.

I was to out of it. Everything was so blurry. The faces in front of me I couldn't make out, the worried voice beside me trying to snap me out of it, and I barely even noticed as two strong arms pick me up and put me on my own stretcher.

There was a woman checking my vitals trying to ask some questions but I just looked at her confused and dazed as to what was happening and I guess she just gave up knowing I'm not in a state to talk.

And that state of numbness lasted for 4 whole days. People tried to talk to me but I couldn't hear them to answer. And now here I am laying down on a unfamiliar bed in a house that I definitely don't recognize and for that matter don't remember coming to.

I slowly sit up fuzzy thoughts forming together. Where am I? How long was I out of it? What happened? Am I finally safe? I look around the room trying to make sense of what's happening.

I'm in what looks like to be a guest room in a house. The room is stuffy like it's never really been used. And I definitely dont recognize it. Panic quickly spreads throughout my body sending shivers in its wake.

I quickly throw the blanket off of my body and stand up but immediately regret it as my legs go out and buckle underneath me.

I fall to the ground and let loose a few very necessary words. As I try to compose myself I hear a throat clearing as if to get my attention.

Panic overwhelms me as I look up. Who is it? Where an I?! I raise my head to see... Mr. Aizawa.?

The biggest sigh of relief racks my body knowing I'm safe. It's only Mr. Aizawa.

"Why are you on the floor?" Mr. Aizawa says.

"I..um..I didn't know where..Where am I?" I mumble out.

"Your at my house don't worry your safe I promise." He says as he crosses the floor to help me up and back on the bed.

"Why am I....what happened..?" I asked as I cover myself up just now noticing all the bandages wrapped around me.

"You really don't remember anything from the past 4 days do you?" He asks as his eyebrows crinkle in concern.

I silently shake my head no.

He sighs as he starts to explain.

"After we put your father in custody he was rushed to the hospital first to take care of his severe injuries. Then all our focus was back on you as you seemed to be in a daze from what just happened. Recovery girl tried to snap you out of it but you had gone into shock and no one could get you back to reality.

You was also rushed to the hospital because of your injuries. And after they had healed the broken parts you was put in a room and people were finally allowed to see you. We all came in to see how you was but you were still in shock and you've stayed like that up till now.

You was admitted from the hospital and I volunteered to take you in since you don't have any other family members. "

I sit there baffled at what he was saying. Was I really out for that long? I didn't get a chance to think to much about it because he opens his mouth to continue

"I think you should know that what happened back there is still not open to the public yet but that doesn't mean it won't happen. A top hero has been exposed as what he truly is and it won't take long for the press to notice. So try and prepare for it."

"And as for your living situation..." He hesitates and I tense up already knowing I'm probably going to be on my own from now on. I'll have to get a job quick so I can save up and maybe get a cheap apartment.

"And as for your living situation...like I said I have already volunteered to take you in and not just till you recover. You can live here if you want.

But just know I'm not trying to force you into staying if you don't feel comfortable. We can arrange something else with another hero if you want. But my door will always be open if you need it." He finishes.

What. The. Fuck.? And with that my mind is going a mile a minute. Is he really offering for me to live here? Not stay for a couple of days but live here?? I never knew Mr. Aizawa cared that much. He even volunteered?!! Wow and here I thought all he cared about was his sleeping bag.

After a few painful seconds of me trying to get my brain to start working again I ask

"I..Would you really be willing to do that? For me??"

Mr. Aizawa almost looked taken aback probably expecting a straight up no but he quickly composed himself and said

"Of course (Y/N). You can live here for as long as you want. We can even fix up this guest room for you if you want." He says as he gestures around the room.

"It's all yours." He says with a smile.

I can feel the tears start to brim in my eyes as I'm being overwhelmed by emotions. Of just relief and happiness and a lot of confusion as to why someone would care that much about me and offer up their own home to me but right now I don't care. I'm just so relieved that finally after all these year I'm actually safe... I'm free.