4

jaemin threw his bag on the floor and plopped down into his bed, sighing softly. he just got home after finishing another long day at school. he needed to work on his report but he wasn't in the mood, he always tells himself he has time but ends up rushing last minute.

after much contemplation, jaemin grabbed his laptop and placed it on his bed, sitting in front of it and opening it up. he pulled up the report and reread the intro jeno had written. jaemins job for the day was to do some research and find evidence that vampires are real.

in no time he pulled up his search bar and typed in some key words to search. he clicked on a website that looks legit and started to read.

"vampires are hard to catch, they're fast moves and ability to hide in plain site make it almost impossible for humans to catch them, but the chances still aren't zero..." jaemin read out loud, quoting and rephrasing the passage to put in the report.

"they could be standing right next to you and you wouldn't even know." that line caught jaemins attention and got him to think. what if someone i'm close with is a vampire? what if jisung is a vampire?

he quickly shook off the thoughts, remembering that all this is fake and just needed to prove it for the assignment, but his mind kept going back to the topic.

he typed a few more sentences then put the assignment to the side, continuing to read the site.

"a lemon and garlic blend can burn the skin of a vampire, being dangerous but not lethal." with that said, jaemin closed his laptop and texted jisung to come over. once he got an okay from the younger he went downstairs, throwing some lemon juice and garlic into a blender.

once the contents were all blended and mixed together, the boy filled a glass jar with it and sat on the couch, waiting for jisung.

a few minutes passed and a knock was heard on the front door, jaemin practically flew to it and opened it, letting the younger but taller boy in the house.

"so what're we gonna do?" jisung asked while sitting on the couch, quickly picking up the remote and selecting a random movie.

"hold your arm out." jaemin demanded and jisung followed the order with no question. the older boy grabbed the jar and dug his finger in it, picking up some of the paste then thwacking it into jisungs arm. nothing happened. no smoke, no pain uttered sounds coming out of jisungs mouth, nothing but the said boy looking at his arm in confusion.

jaemin grabbed a napkin and wiped the paste off, jisungs arm was completely fine. that caused jaemin to let out a small relieved sigh, knowing his friend wasn't a blood thirsty monster.

"what was that for?" the younger asked with an innocent look, still holding his arm out.

"just wanted to make sure you weren't a vampire." jaemin put the jar on the kitchen counter then sat next to jisung, grabbing his arm and holding it in his lap.

"nana, that's nonsense, vampires aren't real." jisung laughed while laying his head on his friends shoulder.

"i know i was just a little paranoid." he chuckled, now realizing how stupid he was for actually thinking jisung could be a vampire.

"anyways, what'd you put on?" jaemin leaned back into the couch, moving him arm around the youngers shoulders then pulling him into his chest.

"just a scary movie." he replied, nuzzling his head into the older, finding comfort. jaemin smiled at the cute actions of the younger then turned to watch the movie. them staying like that till the movie was over, putting on another after.