Chapter 31- Mate?

Chapter 31- Mate?

do not
lose hope,
please believe
that there are
a thousand
beautiful things
waiting for you.

sunshine
comes to all
who feel the rain.

~ r.m Drake

—————

"How could this be?" I muttered as I stared down at the words neatly etched on the paper.

It was the only thing that made sense.

Surviving the silver.
My bones snapping.
Why Alpha Herald wanted me.

It just made sense now.

"I'm a lycan Thorpe?" I looked up at Colton in disbelief. What if he finally had enough now?

I mean this is a lot to take in.

If he wanted to run for the hills I understood. I mean if I could run from my own body I would.

"I know" was his simple response.

My disbelief turned in to shock.

What does he mean he knows?
When did he find out? Who? Where? Why?

His eyes were soft as he approached me gently giving me a hug.

Gosh I feel sick.

This is too much.

I can't believe this is happening to me.

I could feel myself become faint as I gently closed my eyes against Coltons chest.

I need to calm down and figure out what is going on. My brain feels fried with all the intel it's receiving but it was time to put my big girl pants on.

I gently lifted myself off Colton as I stared into his piercing blue eyes.

"What do you mean you know?" I questioned skeptically.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the couch making us both sit down.

I stared at his face intently, examining all his features. Wow I am a lucky girl.

I couldn't believe how blessed I was to have such an attractive, caring and loving mate.

I can't lie. I've been a pain in the ass since I came to the pack house. But he still put up with me and for that I was grateful.

"Well?" I said prompting him to speak as he stared at me intently.

"I've known for a few months now" was his simple reply.

Did he not care to expand on that?

How has he known for that long?
I would like to believe that he wasn't using me for my power.
But I know it was idiotic for me to even think that way.

He would never take advantage of me.

"When you got stabbed with the silver and survived" his voice broke slightly as he grabbed my hand and began to caress it.

"The doctor looked at all the possible reasons you could have survived" he stated as I moved closer to him resting my hand on his shoulder.

It was obvious this topic was difficult for him to discuss. His lips were quivering and his face was slumped in sadness.

He couldn't even comprehend living without me.

"There was none" he said his eyes looking up at me softly.

All I wanted to do was kiss him. But I had to hear what he was going to say. Kissing would only be a distraction.

"The only way you could have survived was if you were a lycan Thorpe because they're immune to silver"