Chapter 53: Cedric Diggory

Cedric wouldn't consider himself a violent person

Cedric wouldn't consider himself a violent person. He could still vividly remember his mother describing a badger to him, and he tried to act like one since. It sounded a bit weird, but Cedric admired badgers.

"They're rather peaceful," Heather Diggory told him. Her grey eyes focused on the small badger that was playing in her tomato garden.

It was a peaceful afternoon at the Diggory Cottage, and a seven year old Cedric had volunteered to help his mother plant some more vegetables.

"Can I go pet it?" Cedric asked his mother. She chuckled and shook her head, amused with his innocence.

"They're peaceful when they're left alone. But if you bother anyone they care about....you could find them rather protective," Heather explained.

"So then they are mean?" Cedric asked.

"Not mean, just protecting the smaller badgers," Heather said.

Even in the middle of the battle, Cedric's mother's words echoed in the back of his mind. He found himself fighting with ferocity, blasting anyone who dared to get close to any of his friends.

Amora was a tornado herself. Cedric found himself watching her, slightly in awe. Ok, very much in awe. She bent down and sweeped a Death Eater's legs out from under him, before she hexed him with a Jelly Legs Jinx. She then stupefied a Death Eater that had gotten a bit too close to Aaron, and continued fighting through their ranks.

Cedric then caught a glimpse of a black coat out of the corner of his eye.

Roger snuck up behind Amora, hell bent on getting his revenge. His eyes were wide and crazed, his hair a curly mess. His skinny frame looked starved, making him look like a dead man walking. He raised his wand at her, revealing his Dark Mark, with murder in his eyes.

Cedric ran as fast as he could, and tackled Roger. They both crashed into a nearby pile of rubble, grabbing Amora's attention. She ran over to help Cedric, but he didn't seem to need it. Roger had already gotten to his feet and scampered away towards the bridge in full retreat.

"Thanks for having my back," Amora sighed, helping Cedric to his feet.

"Always will, but where do you reckon he's gone?" Cedric asked.

"I don't really care. All that matters to me is that you're okay," Amora told him. Even in the middle of the battling, she looked gorgeous. She had smudges of ash and dirt on her face, but her black hair was tied back in a ponytail, revealing her chocolate brown eyes.

"But after everything he's done to you, we need to do something," Cedric argued. The thought of Roger trying to hurt Amora made Cedric's protective side come out, and he was ready to bash Roger's head into a wall (in the nicest way possible of course).