Two - Once Upon A Time, There Was Humanity

As expected did the apocalypse come unexpected.

You had started the day with Minnie waking you mercilessly, just like any other day. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"C'mon sis, time for breakfast."

"hnnn."

"Sis?"

"hnngf."

She pulled the blinds apart, sunlight flooding your stuffy room, making you hiss like the sun-appalled gremlin you are, "Get your fat ass up, you sloth. Just because we have a global pandemic doesn't mean you have to start living like a mole."

"I hate you."

Your older sister blew you a kiss, "Breakfast in ten, hurry up."

Having breakfast with your family, forcing yourself through online classes and getting milk at old Mrs. Ging's grocery store was just like any other day.

Granted, the current situation changed all up a bit, but having to wear masks and keeping your distance never bothered you.

The sun shone the same and your soft cotton tee felt the same on your skin. Kids were playing somewhere on the playground around the corner and Mrs. Ging was as sweet and thoughtful as always.

Never, not in a millions years, would you have been able to prepare yourself for what you would see when you returned home.

Your shoes dropped onto the floor and you threw your keys onto the counter, "I'm back! Got the milk and all!"

No answer.

"Mom?" You surrounded the corner, entering the living room, "Dad?"

A hissing. A snarling.

And then there was your father... just that it wasn't really your father.

"W-What-"

A creature, akin to a human's shape and covered in a weird, black substance all over, faced you from the other side of the room. Long limbs that dripped grossly smelling, black puddles onto the ground, no face traits on what seemed to be the creatures head, only a wide opened mouth with a pink tongue peeking out.

"Zzzzz"

"The fuck-" Your voice was high pitched and panicked, your heart thumping in your throat.

You took a step back - but each step you took backwards, made the creature take two forward. Soon your back hit the wall and the thing had almost entered the corridor as well.

You turned your head to the side, hoping to have an opportunity to escape outside, and your heart made a full stop.

Another creature blocked the exit, odd liquid making a mess all over your doormat.

A deep gurgling sound escaped the second creature's mouth, before the first made another, faster step forward, hissing at you.

Your breath was incredibly fast, legs shaking, limbs feeling heavy of fear.

This is just a dream. A fucking nightmare.

Just as you thought that, quick footsteps approached you from outside, at the same time as the first creature reaching forward.

"Y/N!"

Minnie pressed past the thing blocking your entry, tackling you in the moment those long, dripping arms reached you. You landed on your back, your sister on top of you.