20

* Dazzline *

My phone rang for the sixth time and I groaned. Mum was calling me.

I don't even know how long I've been walking around in the estate like a lost puppy.

Heck! I don't even know where I'm going to!.

I sighed as I turned round a corner in the estate. I kept on walking till a reach a familiar house. Loud music was blaring from inside the house.

A very familiar house.

Do they do parties every day?

I found myself knocking on the gate to Gabriel's mansion. The gatekeeper opened the door.

"Who you dey find?" He asked.

"Gabriel" I replied.

"Who you be sef? " he asked and shone a torchlight on my face. "Ohh. Madam Tara!"

"I'm not Tara. I'm Tara's twin" I replied when he let me get in.

He stared at me in shock. "Madam Tara neva tell us say she get second oo. Come in!"

"Is Gabe in?" I asked.

"Yes madam" he replied.

"Okay. Thanks" I walked into the mansion. Disco lights shone everywhere and some girl were dancing to some song, chorusing to it.

🎶 I jus wanna have fun!🎶
🎶 I jus wanna spend money🎶
🎶 I jus wanna have fun🎶

"Jo fummi ni Hennessey!" One of the girls screamed as she jumped around.

I recognized one of the little girls who was dancing as the girl I saw with Gabriel this morning when we were having breakfast.

Prolly his lil sister.

They noticed me and stopped.

"Brother Gabriel! That Tara is looking for you again oo. And she did not bring that brother with her!!" His little sister screamed on top of her lungs with an accent just like Gabriel's.

"Shit! Lafyette! Stop screaming like werey!!"

Lafyette? What a funny name.

"I'm not Tara. I'm Dazzline" I told the girl.

She broke into a wide grin. "Brother, it's not Tara ooh. It's Dazzline! Be quick! You don't wanna keep her waiting! And yes! Wear a nice outfit! Spray some cologne! I doubt if you had your bath this morning! You reek!"

Oh lord! This girl is such an embarrassment!!.

She and the other girls broke into fits of laughter and I joined in too.

Gabriel rushed down the stairs.

"Hey hey! Take it easy man! She's not running away!" Lafyette laughed.

"Lafyette, you better watch your mouth!" He growled though, I could detect the humor in his voice.

"Hey" I greeted shyly.

"Hey" he repeated with a smile.

We kept on staring at each other until Lafyette's irritated groan jolted us out of our reverie.

"If you guys are just gonna keep staring that way then you'd better get a room!" She groaned. "We girls are trying to parte here!"

Gabriel smiled and shook his head at his sister. His eyes full of unwavering love for her.

I suddenly wished he was looking at me that way instead.

Gosh Dazzline! Bad Zari!! What are you thinking??