27

Christian

"Alex." I gave this gorgeous man a warm smile. His face immediately started to heat up when he realized I had caught him very openly and very blatantly been checking me out.

My outfit for tonight was meant to be a surprise for Alex. It was actually a gift given to me by my father. Slav mentioned he had picked up the suit during his short travels around Europe a few months ago. It all made sense now as to why mother had asked for my measurements then. I thought she might have been planning another one of her infamous family photo shoots. The shoots she loved to drag Brad and I to, only to digitally add father in after.

Mother insisted that the company's investors loved receiving our Christmas cards and New Years well wishes. I was quite certain none of them gave a shit.

The suit was folded perfectly inside a nicely packaged box that Slav left with Nathaniel. I had been so swamped with work and my personal life, I hadn't really given the package much thought until the morning of the launch. Had I known my father had gifted me a suit, I wouldn't have wasted my money and time on buying yet another one for the launch. The suit I had bought wasn't anywhere near as nice as the one Slav gifted, so I decided to go with this one.

Judging by Alex's lingering gaze, I think I made the right decision. Odds were, I would need another suit for the Hawaii trip anyways, so I packed it in with my luggage this morning.

"H-Hi. Sorry, I was just heading up to the fifth floor to grab something from my office." Alex explained. My hand reached up to stop the elevator doors from starting to close on us.

"Oh. I just came from there. Do you have your access card? I don't think anyone else is there right now." I replied.

Alex gave me a quick nod. "Yeah, luckily I brought it with me."

My hand reached up once again to hold the elevator doors. Were these things always so goddamn impatient? Alex chuckled lightly at my aggravation. "Would you like some company?" I asked him.

There was a bit of a suggestive tone to my voice. Having seven minutes in heaven with Alex sounded like a nice pocket of bliss before I had to go deal with human beings who were absolutely guaranteed going to bore me. Right now, the only people on that floor were the janitors. It would be almost too easy to have some alone time in our offices.

"Sure." Alex gave me a smile as he entered the elevator. I couldn't tell if he had picked up on my provocative eyebrow wiggles.

Alex shifted something, and that's when I realized he was holding something between his fingers that was wrapped in a fabric napkin. When he reached over to press the button for the fifth floor, I couldn't stop my curiosity from getting the better of me.

"What's in there?" I asked Alex, pointing to the little parcel. He had fixed it together by tieing all the edges of the napkin. His eyes glanced down at the napkin in his hands, then they looked back up at me. He looked as if he was going to say something, but then he noticed a thing of his own. His eyes fell from mine, to the brown envelope I still had wedged tight between my arm and side.